R51 Transmission Valve Body repair

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

bati

R51 Transmission Valve Body repair

Postby bati » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:18 pm

In having a transmission problem on my 05 Pathfinder I was wondering if the solenoids on the valve body can be replaced. I called my local dealer and they don't sell the solenoids just the complete valve body for $1200. Do you guys know where I can find the solenoids or a place where they repair the valve body (least expensive) any feedback would be appreciated.

1-EPC SOLENOID

2-TCC SOLENOID

3-DIRECT CLUTCH SOLENOID

4-FRONT CLUTCH SOLENOID

5-INPUT CLUTCH SOLENOID

6-HIGH/LOW REVERSE CLUTCH SOLENOID

7-LOW COAST CLUTCH SOLENOID

RedPathy

Postby RedPathy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:55 pm

What issue are you having?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:29 pm

The place I used to send people to for solenoids only has the low coast solenoid in stock (#7):

http://www.makcotransmissionparts.com/RE5R05A.html

They do offer reman valve bodies for $734. It'll give you pics so you can tell which model you need (there are several valve body options for the RE5R05A).

Another company also shows them out of stock:

www.wittrans.com

Which solenoid(s) do you need? They often run about $80-160 a piece when you can find them.

bati

Postby bati » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:58 pm

RedPathy wrote:What issue are you having?
The issue I'm having on my Pathfinder is that it won't shift out of first gear it takes too long to move.

this will be the second time I will fix the transmission last time I fixed was about 3 years ago but the mechanic did not change the valve body.

other problems I've had was the overdrive button doesn't work as in I press the button it will go from 4 to D right away and the other issue was the torque converter jumping when i accelerated too fast on the Path.

RedPathy

Postby RedPathy » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:55 am

bati wrote:
RedPathy wrote:What issue are you having?
The issue I'm having on my Pathfinder is that it won't shift out of first gear it takes too long to move.

this will be the second time I will fix the transmission last time I fixed was about 3 years ago but the mechanic did not change the valve body.

other problems I've had was the overdrive button doesn't work as in I press the button it will go from 4 to D right away and the other issue was the torque converter jumping when i accelerated too fast on the Path.
Mine hesitates to go into overdrive - jumps in rpms (almost sounds like its slipping) when it tries to shift from 4th to 5th. No idea what it is but when i turn overdrive off the problem is gone.

Looks like maybe two of the solenoids are available separately, but your best bet might be to just get an entire new valve.

bati

Postby bati » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:04 pm

-bump-

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”