Differences between the 2013 PF and JX35?

Any topics related to 2013+ R52

Moderator: volvite

Analytical1

Differences between the 2013 PF and JX35?

Postby Analytical1 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:43 pm

We are trying to figure out the differences between the 2013 PF and the JX35. Can anyone help? It looks like the JX has the blind spot indicator that isn't available in the PF. PF can tow more....what else? Thanks!

Analytical1

Re: Differences between the 2013 PF and JX35?

Postby Analytical1 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:51 pm

[quote="Analytical1"]

So...did anyone here look at the JX?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:05 pm

The JX has 5 more HP and 8 ft./lbs. more of torque. Infiniti also has a much better warranty than Nissan in both length of time and mileage and their service departments have a reputation of being much more accomodating. Infiniti's are usually equipped with much nicer interior's than their Nissan counterparts. I would have to imagine there are some differances in features. You may want to get a sales brochure for the respective models to compare, or go to their websites. I saw the JX35 at the International Auto Show in Richmond earlier in the year. I thought it was a nice vehicle. Definitely had plenty of room in it! My only disappointment with the vehicle is knowing that the sister of this vehicle would be the replacement for the Pathfinder. As I've said before, if they wanted to bring it to the Nissan lineup, that's fine...just do it with it's own model name instead of using the Pathfinder name. I think the one thing we can all agree on is that, like it or not, it's not a good representative of the Pathfinder's heritage, so to speak. The should have just retired the Pathfinder name and inserted this model with it's own name. If they really needed to associate it with a current Nissan model, it should have been the Murano, because it's a lot closer to the unibody, crossover Murano than it is the body-on-frame, SUV Pathfinder.

MallFinder

Postby MallFinder » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:49 pm

We had a JX ordered, and cancelled when the dealer yanked us around AND I started learning more about the Pathfinder. Here is fact from experience...

- The PF has the new, wider ratio, more efficient CVT. Compared to the JX, it cruises 1600 rpm instead of 2000 at 60mph. It has 5000lb towing instead of 3500lb, and from experience driving both, the PF is quieter. I can't imagine what Infiniti was thinking.

- The JX isn't any nicer inside. It's vinyl woodgrain is different from a Platinum and the leather is softer, but who drives nude to notice that?

- The Platinum trim has all the fun stuff standard equipment instead of having to run the tab up with option packages. I really like the heated steering wheel, Bose stereo, and birds eye view camera system.

- The JX specifies premium gas, the PF regular. But they are the same engine. The premium gas might let the ignition advance a little more for the trivial 5hp more.

- Actually, the PF is faster than the JX 0-60. I think that's cuz the wider ratio trans lets it get off the line faster. But it is faster and makes JX people mad.

- Can't lock 4x4 in a JX.

- The JX has more "safety" devices, but they are proving to be software buggy. Like the collision detection system can see ghost cars, and slams on the brakes. There is an NHTSA investigation going on.

- JX's are hideous. I took a long time to get numb to the looks before we ordered one. My son said they look like a gold fish.

edward

Postby edward » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:29 am

Goldfish, ha!

Return to “R52 General Chat”