Hood issues

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

HydroPonix

Hood issues

Postby HydroPonix » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:37 am

Hey guys,

my hood is doing a couple of things I am finding annoying:

At speed the hood bobs up and down. I have looked in the hood and there are no rubber stoppers to adjust to put pressure on the hood.

Also, now when I pull my hood with the latch under the steering column, i have to hit my hood with my fist to get it to pop up to reach the front release latch. Are there any fixes that dont involve replacement parts and are the two connected in anyway?

Thanks
Hydroponix

DanJetta

Postby DanJetta » Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:22 pm

1. Order some stoppers that adjust. They're cheap, rubber and they screw right in. Mine were missing when I bought my truck and they were less than $10 from the dealer. They've made my hood pretty solid. No movement at all – even at 90 MPH.

2. Could be that your hood rests too far down when closed because of the missing stoppers. I would also grease the hell out of the latch mechanism. It should move nice and smoothly.

psinsyd

Postby psinsyd » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:03 am

One of the first things I noticed when I bought my '09 late last year was the hood on the highway.

Adjusted the screw-type bumpers under the bottom of the hood and now all seems good to go.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”