Stablizer Under Tension?

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

parallel

Stablizer Under Tension?

Postby parallel » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:27 pm

I'm replacing my front struts on my 2006 Nissan Pathfinder. The manual says to remove the stabilizer bar brackets and the upper link nut to allow the stabilizer to be moved out of the way of the lower strut bolt. When I finally got it loose it seemed to under quite a bit of tension. What I'm wondering is, if it is always under that much tension how will I be ale to get it back in place?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:10 pm

But a jack under the control arm and jack it up a little. You shouldn't have any problems with it.

parallel

Postby parallel » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:45 am

smj999smj wrote:But a jack under the control arm and jack it up a little. You shouldn't have any problems with it.
Thanks. I discovered that the lower control arm hanging was what was putting it in a bind. Once I was done I reconnected the connecting rods and left the brackets loose. Then when the wheels were back on and on the ground it was easy to get the brackets back in place.

I only wish I had done this sooner... she rides so smooth it feels like a whole different vehicle. It took me quite a while because my 8 year old came out to help me do the passenger side strut and shock. The extra time was well worth it. I had him checking the torque specs from the service manual and then setting the torque wrenches among other things. He's a quick study and he really seemed to enjoy himself being out in the cold night working with his dad. When we went on the test drive I swung into Taco Hell to treat him for being such a good helper. :D

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:45 pm

looking forward to that with my boy. At 5yrs old, he doesn't quite have the attention span yet...

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”