30,000 mile Service

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

rodg

30,000 mile Service

Postby rodg » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:59 pm

I am just around the corner hitting 30,000 miles on my 06 Pathfinder. For those who had the 30,000 preventive maintenance done on their Pathfinders...ho much did it cost to get this done. I've checked the PM booklet and it appears that they will be changing a lot of fluids and a belt of some sort. Thanks.

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:28 pm

Have a look through the Service manual page MA-8 through MA-10;

http://www.thenissanpath.com/filelib/R51/Service/MA.pdf

Basicly the 30K service point is an engine oil and cabin air filter change with everything else being an 'inspection', but as dealerships don't do component used oil analysis I don't know how valid their 'inspection' is as the color of oil doesn't give any good indication of the oil properties left remaining. The recommended service periods are maximum times but as this truck does a fair amount of offroad and winter work I change most of the component oils every 6 to 8 months anyway and engine oil and filter about every 2 months.

phantom2

Re: 30,000 mile Service

Postby phantom2 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:09 am

rodg wrote:I am just around the corner hitting 30,000 miles on my 06 Pathfinder. For those who had the 30,000 preventive maintenance done on their Pathfinders...ho much did it cost to get this done. I've checked the PM booklet and it appears that they will be changing a lot of fluids and a belt of some sort. Thanks.
I think you might find that the items involved with this service vary from dealer to dealer.I had mine done at a cost of about $600.They changed the trans fluid,anti freeze,air filter,alignment and tire rotation and checked a lot of other stuff in the process.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:55 pm

phantom2 wrote:
rodg wrote:I am just around the corner hitting 30,000 miles on my 06 Pathfinder. For those who had the 30,000 preventive maintenance done on their Pathfinders...ho much did it cost to get this done. I've checked the PM booklet and it appears that they will be changing a lot of fluids and a belt of some sort. Thanks.
I think you might find that the items involved with this service vary from dealer to dealer.I had mine done at a cost of about $600.They changed the trans fluid,anti freeze,air filter,alignment and tire rotation and checked a lot of other stuff in the process.

you got worked over myn was 400 buck's

rodg

Postby rodg » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:40 am

phantom2 wrote:
Wow, that is a lot of $. I will probably just go to an independent mechanic to save some $.

NVRDONE

Postby NVRDONE » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:51 am

Hey- Just had a 30k done on my 06 Pathy.
It included an oil & filter change, change fluids in both diffs, trans fluid change, brake fluid flush, air filter & cabin fliters replaced & rotated tires.
The dealer wanted $679.00 +taxes My independent shop charged me $490.00 + taxes.

amr40509

Postby amr40509 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:32 pm

NVRDONE wrote:Hey- Just had a 30k done on my 06 Pathy.
It included an oil & filter change, change fluids in both diffs, trans fluid change, brake fluid flush, air filter & cabin fliters replaced & rotated tires.
The dealer wanted $679.00 +taxes My independent shop charged me $490.00 + taxes.
I'm at almost 50K now, but when I hit 30K I:

Oil/Filter change (Mobil 1, Nissan filter) -- about $35
Transfer case fluid change (Valvoline) -- It's been while, about $12 I think
Diffs (Mobil 1 syn in the rear, Valvoline semi syn front) -- I can't remember, probably $50
Air filter -- $20
Cabin air filter -- $25
Roated tires -- Free at local tire place
Transmission Fluid -- found a coupon, about $80 at Nissan

So I guess I was in it for about $225 and about 2 hours work.

Gray

Postby Gray » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:29 pm

amr40509 wrote:Transfer case fluid change (Valvoline)
x2 on the Transfer case oil change, last used oil analysis that I did
on the TC showed that the oil had gotten chewed up bad.

Middle Man

Postby Middle Man » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:54 am

After taking my 06 in this morning at just over 30k, I decided not to buy the "dealer recommended" service (something smelled rotten in Denmark comparing their list to what I recalled from the manual). What a pile of BS!

rodg

Postby rodg » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:22 am

I am taking my Pathy to an independent mechanic in 2 weeks for the 30K service. I will post what was done and how much I paid.

bbermann

Postby bbermann » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:30 pm

I have recently gone over 30K and think it is time to get in for some PM. I am going with the premiun 30K service as recommended by Nissan except for the engine oil (I change with Mobil 1 myself) and all the filters, which I do myself (cabin air, oil) and I have an Airraid cold air intake which brings me to my question for you fellow forum members:

Should I pull the CAI and put the stock air box back on proir to dealer servicing for any reason? I am not expecting them to find any warranty issues but should I be concerned?

BTW, they have quoted me $270 for this service and are giving me a car to drive for the 1/2 day service.

I am also having thee airbag recall checked out while there and considering asking for the 2 degree timing advance modification I have read about at the Frontier forum.

Thanks in advance for you thoughts.

JAHBLESSINGS
Sponsored Member

Postby JAHBLESSINGS » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:28 am

did mine myself it's not hard. everything ran me around $50.00 in parts from nissan with my discount.

dmasini

Postby dmasini » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:03 am

bbermann wrote:Should I pull the CAI and put the stock air box back on proir to dealer servicing for any reason? I am not expecting them to find any warranty issues but should I be concerned?
My understanding had always been that a dealer can not void your warrenty for an aftermarket air intake or filter. But I found this exerpt from an article a couple weeks ago:

"Nissan follows a similar policy with its line of Nismo parts, which are divided into two categories: S-tune and R-tune. S-tune parts include common upgrades such as exhaust systems, suspension kits and wheels, and are factory-backed and come with either a 12-month/12,500-mile limited warranty or up to three years or 36,000 miles if installed on a new car.

If you’re looking to add intakes, headers, clutches and camshafts, you do so at your own risk. Such parts are classified R-tune, and like the tC’s intake, are designed for “off-highway use only” and are sold as is, with no warranty. The parts could violate some state laws and void the new-car warranty in the event of a failure."

I think it really comes down to if your intake contributed to a problem the dealer could say it's not covered under your warrenty. But they would have to be able to prove it caused or contributed to said problem.

Long story short, your fine with leaving it on. 8)

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”