87 pathfinder 4x4 & interlock & ect....

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

cobraakalilrob

87 pathfinder 4x4 & interlock & ect....

Postby cobraakalilrob » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:05 am

We (Fiance, Me, and our 19 month old twins lol) Just purchased a manual 5 speed 87 Nissan pathfinder from real closer friend fixed the issues it had initially....
The 4 wheel drive shifter control arm works fine I know to go into reverse for at least one full tire revolution for leaving 4x4 to 2 hi but is it the same going into 4 wheel drive also ...interlock switch does not work when trying to switch over the e break dash light comes on???? What's the interlock for specifically and what does it do???? Next Question touring what's it for how do you know if it's working, see no dash light for it and led light doesn't switch on.... Passenger side fuse panel where is it located for the reverse light fuse???
Any and all help is mods gratuitously appreciated...

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:52 pm

The interlock switch lets you start the vehicle without depressing the clutch pedal. The touring switch is actually the ride control switch. The vehicle came with electronic shock absorbers. They may or may not still be there, as some have replaced the shocks on their Pathys with regular ones and disabled the system.

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”