2008 Pathfinder Se PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

njpathfinder

2008 Pathfinder Se PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby njpathfinder » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:49 pm

I have an 08 Se that has the Bose 6 disc with the screen (but no nav). Here is my delema. I wanted to install a new head unit (Kenwood 8120) but can't because the dealer says the ac and heat are hooked up to the screen and without the screen I loose them. I also want nav but don't want the little plug and play unit out. I would love to add the dock housing 999Q5-KU001 but it is only for the E model (different dash). Here's where I need your help. Has anyone put in or had put in an aftermarket head unit in thes model truck? Or has anyone modified the Garmin housing to fit this dash. If so please send pics to me at [email protected]. All input is appreciated Thanks!

Billy T.

Postby Billy T. » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:14 am

bear with me as I am not a real big car audio guy...

Do they make a DVD/NAV head unit without a monitor?

If so, get that, have it installed in the cubby in the center consloe then add the PAC video input to the existing monitor, and output the DVD/NAV to that.

Like I said, not a car audio guy, but that would seem like the best option. I really don't think you will get that dock to work on your dash.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”