2008 OEM All Season Floor Mats

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Path-Less

2008 OEM All Season Floor Mats

Postby Path-Less » Mon May 05, 2014 8:45 pm

I have been on the hunt for OEM All season floor mats for my 2008 Pathfinder for quite sometime. After calling numerous Nissan dealerships and scavenging forums I had concluded that Nissan stopped making them for 2008 and earlier.

Most Nissan parts departments are offering"weathertech mats" as a substitute. As these are nice mats they are pricey and a little too industrial looking for my taste. I discussed with them other alternatives and was assured there wasn't any Nissan made mats that fit the car available.

WRONG!!!

I finally got a little curious and was willing to gamble with $90. I ordered a set of mats for the 2010 Nissan Pathfinder hoping they would fit my 2008. (The parts guy at my local Nissan said they would not fit and that the 2010 had a different style floor pan.)

The floor mats arrived today so I put them immediately. They fit perfect!!! The only downside is that the drivers mat has two anchor holes where my 2008 LE only has one. No biggie, the All season mats have spikes on them that hold them to the carpet to keep and from sliding around.

The quality is superb as you would expect from an OEM part. 3 mats were included (Front 2 & Middle row)

Part Number: 999E1-XX000
(SPECIFY COLOR WHEN ORDERING)

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue May 06, 2014 5:40 am

I'm not sure why he thought they wouldn't fit. The model change was in 2008, so basically '08-'12 is pretty much the same vehicle. As you noted, the number of posts on the driver floor appears to be the only difference between all years.

Path-Less

Postby Path-Less » Tue May 06, 2014 7:27 am

I'm not sure either. That's why I took the gamble, because I believed them to be the same. I guess sometimes we are more knowledgable then the people at the dealerships. :? Nevertheless, I am happy and wanted to make this aware to people searching in the future.

karmakaze

Re: 2008 OEM All Season Floor Mats

Postby karmakaze » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:25 pm

Do one of the floor hooks fit in one of the two holes in the 2009+ mats or do you have to remove the floor hook?

Path-Less

Postby Path-Less » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:41 pm

karmakaze wrote:Do one of the floor hooks fit in one of the two holes in the 2009+ mats or do you have to remove the floor hook?
I removed the hook. Just one bolt to remove. It does NOT line up with the floor mat holes. I've been waiting to start a project where I use the original hook but grind of the original stud and weld a bracket to it that will have a stud at each end lining up to use both holes (kinda like a "T" bracket). It would be perfect and add the stability to the floor mat to prevent moving. However, even without the factory hook the mats do not move much which is why I haven't started that project yet.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:44 pm

Path-Less wrote:
karmakaze wrote:Do one of the floor hooks fit in one of the two holes in the 2009+ mats or do you have to remove the floor hook?
I removed the hook. Just one bolt to remove. It does NOT line up with the floor mat holes. I've been waiting to start a project where I use the original hook but grind of the original stud and weld a bracket to it that will have a stud at each end lining up to use both holes (kinda like a "T" bracket). It would be perfect and add the stability to the floor mat to prevent moving. However, even without the factory hook the mats do not move much which is why I haven't started that project yet.
be careful the mat doesn't work its' way over the gas pedal & hold it open! :wink:

Path-Less

Postby Path-Less » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:26 am

eieio wrote:
Path-Less wrote:
be careful the mat doesn't work its' way over the gas pedal & hold it open! :wink:
As this is def a possibility with removing the hook on most mats. I doubt this will be an issue in my case. The rubber all season mats have spikes that grip the carpet nicely. They really don't budge more then a Centimeter or so.

As this is a possibility anyone who decides to remove the hook should be aware.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”