Starter Relay Location?

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

808Pathfinder

Starter Relay Location?

Postby 808Pathfinder » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:27 am

About 8 months ago the starter crapped out. I replaced it and everything was going good until about 2 months ago when the I turned the key only to here a click. Push started it and everything was fine. That happened about once a week for the past 2 months until this week when it no longer cranked. Each time I turn the key it would simply click. Replaced the starter again and its still doing the same thing. My brother suggested its the starter relay. Problem is I'm not sure where it is. Can somebody help? 96 Pathfinder, manual.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:04 am

It should be in the relay box in the engine compartment near the right inner fender. It's be called a clutch interlock relay and will be next to the fuel pump relay. If the starter is making a click noise when you try to start it, it's likely not the relay. It could be a weak battery, bad or dirty cable connections or excessive resistance in the battery cables...or even a bad "new" starter. Most aftermarket remans are of poor quality and have been know to be problematic on the Asian makes. Genuine Nissan starters, although pricey, are the best way to go.

JJsCarAudio101

Postby JJsCarAudio101 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:21 pm

Usually the battery is the cause of the car not starting

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”