Radio Code

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

rodg

Radio Code

Postby rodg » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:09 pm

I installed today the navigation housing for my Garmin Nuvi 750. This was an easy install. However, I can't seem to remember the code to re-set my BOSE radio. I had to disconnect the battery prior to installing the Garmin Navigation Housing. Will the dealer be able to reset my radio?
Thanks.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:17 pm

Don't know about the code?... I'm going to do the same install on my '05 Pathfinder this weekend and need to know any tips on the housing install... Also which wire did you tap on the Bose?... Any detail would be helpful... Thanks!........... Triffid

rodg

Postby rodg » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:46 pm

Triffid wrote:Don't know about the code?... I'm going to do the same install on my '05 Pathfinder this weekend and need to know any tips on the housing install... Also which wire did you tap on the Bose?... Any detail would be helpful... Thanks!........... Triffid
Here you go

http://thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php ... uvi&page=1

For the Bose radio you have to remove 4 screws then pull it out to access the back of the unit. Follow the instructions that came with the navigation housing. If you have the Bose system follow TYPE 1. The green/black wire is the one you need to tap on. Before removing the top tray make sure you put some masking tape whre you will be prying at to prevent scratches.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:35 am

Thanks!... Are you using the Nissan Garmin 750 or the standard 750?... I found the standard one (in black) for like a $100 less.......... Triffid

PFhopefull

Postby PFhopefull » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:22 am

If Im not mistaken the link provided says the green/black wire is for the non-CD changer unit??????

rodg

Postby rodg » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:50 am

Triffid wrote:Thanks!... Are you using the Nissan Garmin 750 or the standard 750?... I found the standard one (in black) for like a $100 less.......... Triffid
I have not ordered my Garmin 750 yet. How much is the piano black and can you send me the website. Thank.

rodg

Postby rodg » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:52 am

PFhopefull wrote:If Im not mistaken the link provided says the green/black wire is for the non-CD changer unit??????
Just follow the step by step instructions that comes with the housing...it is easy. I believe the picture in the link is the TYPE 2 connection. For the BOSE stereo system use TYPE 1.

rodg

Postby rodg » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:08 pm

Triffid wrote:Thanks!... Are you using the Nissan Garmin 750 or the standard 750?... I found the standard one (in black) for like a $100 less.......... Triffid
Hey Triffid...I got my radio going. I bought my Garmin 750 just now from Amazon for $305.37 with free shipping. Do not buy from Prestige Camera. Prestige is the cheapest but it is in Japanese version. The English version is like $365.00 or something. I cancelled my order and bought it from Amazon. If you run into problems when you install your navi housing this weekend shoot me an email at [email protected] or [email protected]. I have a BOSE stereo system just like yours.....very easy install.
Later,
Rod

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”