Nissan pathfinder 2007 AT coolant issue

Discussion topics related to the radiator and transmission failures in all Nissan trucks, education of the public on this issue, and attempts to force Nissan to start a recall.

Moderator: volvite

AHOHA

Nissan pathfinder 2007 AT coolant issue

Postby AHOHA » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:34 am

Hi
3 weeks ago I noticed some white creamy fluid at the top of my coolant, so I took it to the workshop and been informed that the ATF mixed with the coolant by the a leak in a small pipe in the Radiator.
So, they fixed and replaced the pipe, change the coolant and put new one.
then I check the ATF level and increase it and the mechanic told I was lucky that the coolant didn't mix into my AT.

However, after 2 weeks I noticed my car start to shake/vibrate when I increase the speed, when I check it I've told its: a tires problems and you need to change the tires!

I didn't change any. and after one week my AT is not working properly ( if I drive slowly for a short time it'll, but once I speed up, I feel like the gear is engaging/disengaging, then it become useless ( N position like D position )).

So yesterday, I went to a mechanic and he told that its either an electrical problem or your AT need overhaul, and then he send me to a workshop where they scan it and found the following error :
++++++
" P1845 ATF PRES SW 5/CIRC"
Which describe into :
Fail-safe function to detect direct clutch solenoid valve condition.
And Possible Cause
ATF pressure switch 5
Harness or connectors
(The switch circuit is open or shorted.)
++++++

So in short, Am I fucked up or what do now ?
Thanks for any help

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:45 am

once the trans fluid is contaminated with coolant, your transmission is trashed, sooner or later
how many miles on the truck?

AHOHA

Postby AHOHA » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:59 am

eieio wrote:once the trans fluid is contaminated with coolant, your transmission is trashed, sooner or later
how many miles on the truck?
Its around 153000 miles.
Dammit, and I thought Nissan is a solid maker :x

I have to add that, the gearbox still working but have this engaging/disengaging behavior after a while . and yesterday I emptied the old oil ( its somehow brownish), flush the gearbox with new oil, then I add a new one.

So, that mean its noway an electrical problem or TCM problem and I shall change the whole AT?

SETI20

Postby SETI20 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:55 pm

I have literally picked up my pathfinder from the dealer today after similar issues. As well as a shudder that felt like rumble strips, at certain rev ranges.
I too, had the milkshake coloured AT fluid.

I ended up having to replace my entire radiator and transmission.I was lucky enough that I was still covered under the 130.000 mile extended warranty that nissan issued for this exact problem, and got the majority of the repairs covered. You're over the mileage, but they might be willing to negotiate depending on the age of your vehicle. They have a matrix for that.

Return to “Nissan Transmission FAIL”