05 pathy transmission slip?

Discussion topics related to the radiator and transmission failures in all Nissan trucks, education of the public on this issue, and attempts to force Nissan to start a recall.

Moderator: volvite

jeepguy07

05 pathy transmission slip?

Postby jeepguy07 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:06 am

I have an 05 pathfinder with about 56K on it. The issue I'm having with the trans is that occasionally it seems like its slipping or not engaging. It usually does it within 5 minutes of starting it, but it has done it other times as well. I'll go to pull out of the drive way and Ill press the accelerator and the engine revs and nothing happens for about half a second. It also does it when slowing almost to a stop and making a turn. It doesn't do it all of the time, but frequent enough to make me concerned. There are no lights on the dash indicating a problem. I'm kinda baffled as to what it might be. Does anybody have any idea what the problem might be? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: 05 pathy transmission slip?

Postby eieio » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:32 am

jeepguy07 wrote:I have an 05 pathfinder with about 56K on it. The issue I'm having with the trans is that occasionally it seems like its slipping or not engaging. It usually does it within 5 minutes of starting it, but it has done it other times as well. I'll go to pull out of the drive way and Ill press the accelerator and the engine revs and nothing happens for about half a second. It also does it when slowing almost to a stop and making a turn. It doesn't do it all of the time, but frequent enough to make me concerned. There are no lights on the dash indicating a problem. I'm kinda baffled as to what it might be. Does anybody have any idea what the problem might be? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
are you aware of the transmission fluid contamination from coolant mixing, the result of the internal trans cooler in the radiator failing?

jeepguy07

Postby jeepguy07 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:07 pm

Yes. That's not the case with mine.

Return to “Nissan Transmission FAIL”