my 2008 pathfinder for sale!

Member postings to buy/sell anything, from parts to full automobiles. Commercial vendors, ask the Admins first for permission to post.

Moderator: volvite

doctahjones

my 2008 pathfinder for sale!

Postby doctahjones » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:50 am

I traded it due to that manifold crack. And it's now up on their site for sale:

http://www.rednolandused.com/VehicleDet ... 2556363473

$15,989. Yes I do know what they paid me for mine, no I won't tell you (I was in the car biz before, and that's a crappy thing to do to them). If you can get them down to $15k, then I'd say that's an average deal for the dealership. I would not expect them to go under $14k.

Only thing I removed from it was the bully dog, everything else (struts/shocks/rock rails/6mo bfg tires/etc) is still there.

Just trying to give her a chance at a good home :)

Path-Less

Postby Path-Less » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:32 pm

Dude!!!! Nooooo, I think most people on here consider your pathfinder the GODFATHER. We will surely miss looking at those beautiful pics with the Colorado scenery. Make sure you come back and post pics of the qx56. I can't lie, mugs are pretty nice.

I understand the need to trade it in. I have been considering the same now that I am up to 113k miles.

You going to use the bullydog on the qx? If not I may be interested in it. Shoot me a PM.

Btw, you should have given us an opportunity to buy some of those goodies of that pathy. 😉

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:18 am

ha, thanks for that.

yeah i'm using the BD on the qa. just waiting for them to add my ecu part number to their database.

and the rest of the parts went with her. really the only other part i could have taken off were the rock rails, and i didn't feel it would be right to strip her like that.

i would have xfered my airraid over, but i had just thrown away the oem airbox when we moved into our new house a few months ago.

i didn't have, and wasn't about to re-do the suspension with OEM, and i wasn't going to rip out the airlift.

all that would have been alot of work to get a couple hundred dollars anyway.

still undecided if i want to try to lift the qx...might be a little easier to get to those rear shocks since there's more room under there....that was the only b***h in the pathfinder.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:01 pm

doctahjones wrote:still undecided if i want to try to lift the qx...
Don't add more than a couple inches or you won't get it out of the garage!

:lol:

skibum315

Postby skibum315 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:07 pm

Tell me more about this truck ... what kind of manifold crack (intake or exhaust), and how bad? What did you feel would be required for repair? How many miles? Did you own it since new? ... please don't take offense at this one: what kind of maintenance history does it have?

I'm pretty active on NewX & a few of the other Nissan sites - I know I don't have many (or maybe even any posts) here, but I use the same name elsewhere ... I've long toyed with the idea swapping my '08 Xterra for a V8 R51 ... as it happens this one would be semi-local to me (I'm up in Lakewood).

At those prices you suggested, I'm trying to decide if I need to jump on this.

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:35 pm

skibum315 wrote:Tell me more about this truck ... what kind of manifold crack (intake or exhaust), and how bad? What did you feel would be required for repair? How many miles? Did you own it since new? ... please don't take offense at this one: what kind of maintenance history does it have?

I'm pretty active on NewX & a few of the other Nissan sites - I know I don't have many (or maybe even any posts) here, but I use the same name elsewhere ... I've long toyed with the idea swapping my '08 Xterra for a V8 R51 ... as it happens this one would be semi-local to me (I'm up in Lakewood).

At those prices you suggested, I'm trying to decide if I need to jump on this.

check this thread for the mani crack and picture:
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=12302

however the dealer would be fixing that manifold crack so you shouldn't have to worry about that.

as for maint, i picked it up in 2010 as a 2nd owner, in texas (i used to live in texas). it had 23k miles on it when i got it, and i added the 100k or 5yr (i think it was 5 yr) extended nissan branded warranty (not 3rd party warranty). so anything that went wrong was taken to the dealer.

-i changed the oil myself, switching to mobil1 (and mobil1 filter) somewhere around 60k mi.
-it had a front/rear diff & xfer case fluid change by 4wheelparts at 60k iirc (i had the receipt, gave it to the dealer when traded).
-trans fluid was changed by me at ~50k (there's a post on here somewhere about it) and ~100k.
-sparkplugs were changed by me around 80-90kmi, there's a post about it on here
-i did the radiator bypass around 80-90k, there's a post about it on here. i hadn't changed the radiator fluid yet.
-brake fluid was changed by me somewhere around 90-100k, can't remember if i posted about it on here

ac/heater worked great, power steering has never been an issue. 2/auto/4hi/4lo always worked without issue.

oh, the parking brake needs to be adjusted. it won't hold you when pointed down hill in neutral/drive.

trying to think of what else, but i don't remember any other issues with her, she was a great truck and i bet she'll make it pretty easily to 200k mi. all you'd need to do is add a bullydog tuner and you're -set-.

skibum315

Postby skibum315 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:46 pm

Thanks for the quick response! I appreciate the detail ... may have to go see if I can check it out.

I don't know if I'm just slow, or if the dealer hasn't gotten the info up yet, but I didn't see mileage listed on their site (that you linked in the OP) ... but from the thread in your most recent post, it sounds like you were right around 109k miles when the header cracked; I'm assuming it was still near that number when it got traded?

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:56 pm

well she was my baby, so if someone off of here (or related xterra board) is interested, i'd much rather her go there than to some random person. :)

and yeah it cracked/busted at like 109,2xx, and when traded i think she was at 109,6xx? i definitely hadn't rolled 110k yet. so yeah she should still be pretty close unless they ferris buller'd her.

oh, and you already have a 4g (i think, possibly 2g? def bigger than 8g) power wire running from batter to the sumglers box under the 2nd row....i had a JL 250.1 under the middle seat running two tens in the back (i had removed the 3rd row when i got her...seats sat in garage and then basement until i put them back in to trade). amp never got hot!

doctahjones

Postby doctahjones » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:12 pm

did you decide to go check her out? (/anxiously waiting)

skibum315

Postby skibum315 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:22 pm

Have a little one at home (one month), and a toddler too (will be three in October) ... so time is at a bit of a premium for me, and I didn't make it down over the weekend. Now I'm feeling like I ought not be quite so impulsive & really get a feel for if it's realistic for us to do ... or more precisely, whether we could really afford to do it, and not just *want* to.

But I'm thinking the move from my Xterra to a V8 R51 is more a matter of when, not if ... so if it winds up being soon, it could be this one; though if I'm perfectly honest, the miles are a tad higher than would be my preference if I were speccing out a wish list. But beggars and choosers and all that ...

We shall see. Again, I really do appreciate the openness with which you've shared about this truck, thanks for that.

Return to “Classifieds for Pathfinders and Pathfinder Accessories”