05 Pathfinder DTC 1446

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

disallow
Site Admin

05 Pathfinder DTC 1446

Postby disallow » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:19 am

On the way in to work this morning, SES light came on. Happened to have my code reader with me, so at a stoplight I plugged it in. DTC 1446, which is Evaporative Vacuum Solenoid Circuit, or more specific to Nissans, VENT CONTROL VALVE FAULT.

Anyone seen this one? I reset the code and it hasn't come back yet.

Only thing different that I can think of is that it was raining pretty hard. Hope thats a coincidence, if the rain affects the evap that means there is a leak or crack for sure!

t

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:29 pm

OK so after I reset the SES light, it came back on after about 25kms. When I got home, reset it again and did the obligatory gas cap tightening to make sure thats not the issue.

Anyone have any input or suffered from a similar problem?

t

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:30 pm

Check the vent hose / tube , they can get plugged with debris or even a spider web, I thought the had done the upgrade with a filter on these , the older paths. had issues and had a TSB adding a new vent tube ....

Vent tube should be back with the EVAP canister assy , may be a hose going into the frame or a hose just hanging down ...

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:51 am

Can anyone direct me to a copy of the TSB referred to here?

My daily commute is about 40km of highway driving, and based on my reading of similar situations, if the vent control valve has failed, I am told it takes 15 minutes at speeds greater than 80 km/h to get the SES light to come on.

Well, after tightening the gas cap yesterday, the light did not come on during my commute to work. So hopefully that was the problem.

The only other condition that was different today was no excessive moisture (it was raining cats and dogs yesterday). Anyone feel this would have something to do with my SES light coming on?

t

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”