What do you hate most?

Any topics related to 2005-2012 R51

Moderator: volvite

flat6symphony

Postby flat6symphony » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:46 am

You can roll the windows down with the the keyfob?

stmcelroy

Postby stmcelroy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:14 am

flat6symphony wrote:You can roll the windows down with the the keyfob?

Must be an "07 or '08+ thing, not on my '06 either.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:57 am

Yes, you can. I want to say they only roll down half way, but I could be wrong. And I believe only the front 2 are affected. It's a combination press of buttons, but I couldn't tell you which ones. I'm really helpful, right? No idea which model years have this lovely feature. You may actually have it-you just didn't know about it. The fob itself is a stupid design, but the window roll-down feature is plain idiotic. Is some dumbass going to be shopping & suddenly remember they locked their child/pet/family in the car & then whip out the fob and save them from afar?

JimsPath

Postby JimsPath » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:20 pm

My 12, you hold the UNLOCK button and they will roll down. Great on a hot day as you are walking up to the truck, you can let them down. Sucks when you do it on a rainy night from your house and don't know they went down.

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:42 pm

Yes, just press and hold your door unlock button and the front driver and passenger windows will go down. You can bring them down part way by just releasing the button.
stmcelroy wrote:Must be an "07 or '08+ thing, not on my '06 either.
I'm pretty sure all of our Pathfinders do this. Nissan has had this feature for decades now. I've done it as far back as '97 on Maxima's.
NVSteve wrote:Yes, you can. I want to say they only roll down half way, but I could be wrong. And I believe only the front 2 are affected. It's a combination press of buttons, but I couldn't tell you which ones. I'm really helpful, right? No idea which model years have this lovely feature. You may actually have it-you just didn't know about it. The fob itself is a stupid design, but the window roll-down feature is plain idiotic. Is some dumbass going to be shopping & suddenly remember they locked their child/pet/family in the car & then whip out the fob and save them from afar?
I actually like the feature. I use it frequently to lower the temp of the interior when it's hot outside. One thing I really like about the fob is the range. These older style fob's (the ones before push button ignition) have incredible range. I can drop the windows while I'm walking to the vehicle which makes a difference here in the AZ heat. It's also nice during the comfortable temperature months if the kids get in the car while we're still talking with someone outside. I can drop the windows for some fresh air.

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:57 pm

Back on topic.... My 3rd row head rests are extremely difficult to raise and lower. Not sure why they are so tight.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:34 pm

AZ_Path wrote:Back on topic.... My 3rd row head rests are extremely difficult to raise and lower. Not sure why they are so tight.
if they're on the same kind of posts as the front ones (I haven't seen mine in years!) :shock: ,try spraying some silicone spray on a cloth, and wipe down the posts with it

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:45 pm

eieio wrote:if they're on the same kind of posts as the front ones (I haven't seen mine in years!) :shock: ,try spraying some silicone spray on a cloth, and wipe down the posts with it
Yes they are the same kind. I should do that. I keep thinking maybe I've mixed them up when I removed them completely, but the ones in the middle row are shaped slightly different than the 3rd row so I don't think that's the problem. Anyone else's tight?

leadpig

Postby leadpig » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:16 am

AZ_Path wrote: I actually like the feature. I use it frequently to lower the temp of the interior when it's hot outside. One thing I really like about the fob is the range. These older style fob's (the ones before push button ignition) have incredible range. I can drop the windows while I'm walking to the vehicle which makes a difference here in the AZ heat.
+1 from a little ways to your east. I use it almost every day from May to about now and with the range on the remote you mention can clear out the worst of the superheated air for 30s before I even get to the vehicle.

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:07 am

leadpig wrote: +1 from a little ways to your east. I use it almost every day from May to about now and with the range on the remote you mention can clear out the worst of the superheated air for 30s before I even get to the vehicle.
I actually love the heat. Most of my coworkers are of a particular body type that even the thought of moving will make them sweat (that's about as nicely as I can phrase it). In other words, my office is a deep freeze year round, so it's actually very nice to get into a hot car at the end of the day. Never even thought to try that while out and about in the desert as the AC kicks in real fast. I still wish it wasn't a "feature" attached to the fob that can be easily pressed.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:24 am

AZ_Path wrote:
stmcelroy wrote:Must be an "07 or '08+ thing, not on my '06 either.
I'm pretty sure all of our Pathfinders do this. Nissan has had this feature for decades now. I've done it as far back as '97 on Maxima's.
Unfortunately(IMHO) it's an 07+ feature IIRC. Definitely left off of 05 & 06. I would like to have it but I can see the issue of accidental roll downs.

And my Middle row (maybe 3rd also) headrests are difficult to extend. But then again they never get used unless I'm extending them to clean the seats.

Only complaint is that US spec didn't come with HID/Xenon headlights as I believe the EU models did. This may have been rectified by now with headlight assembly replacements but I haven't been looking.

AZ_Path

Postby AZ_Path » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:52 pm

blink32 wrote:Unfortunately(IMHO) it's an 07+ feature IIRC.
Hmm, can any others with '05s and '06s confirm?

stmcelroy

Postby stmcelroy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:25 pm

AZ_Path wrote:
blink32 wrote:Unfortunately(IMHO) it's an 07+ feature IIRC.
Hmm, can any others with '05s and '06s confirm?
I can't get my '06 to roll down the windows with the remote. Tried a few times yesterday with no luck.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:03 pm

My '06 LE doesn't have the feature but my 08 SE does have it. As mentioned previously, I think they started this in the 07 model year.

stmcelroy

Postby stmcelroy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:08 am

smj999smj wrote:My '06 LE doesn't have the feature but my 08 SE does have it. As mentioned previously, I think they started this in the 07 model year.
Thought I was the only one with an '06 who couldn't figure it out. Good to hear it just doesn't do it on our year.

Return to “R51 General Chat”