Heater blower not working but now solved.

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

schmo9

Heater blower not working but now solved.

Postby schmo9 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:14 am

Hi all,

Long time since Ive been on but I thought I would update with my current problem.
Heater blower motor stopped working last night on my 2005 2.5 turbo diesel SE... nightmare with is being cold and wet in the UK just now.

Anyway, head down and torch into the passenger foot well, located the Blower control module and tested the purple wire on the Blower control module to ground and the control dial was giving the correct voltages from settings 1 to 7. Tested white wire to ground and 12V getting to module. (You need to have the blower control module connector connected to check voltages, use volt meter at back of connector)
Removed connecter from fan and checked applied voltage and there was 12V.
Removed the fan (3 screws) and the fan seemed a little stiff... spun the fan by hand and reconnected the connector. ..turned on ignition and hey presto fan was working again :). So I removed fan motor again and using compressed air blew out the 10yrs of crap that had gathered up in the motor and lubed the bearings a little. Everything is fine and back to normal...saved a small fortune.

Return to “R51 Electrical”