Yakima Load Warrior Add-Ons

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Yakima Load Warrior Add-Ons

Postby Triffid » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:34 am

Anyone use or have pictures of the Yakima Load Warrior add on's?... Spare tire mount, axe/shovel mount, Hi-Lift jack mount, & Light mounts... Trying to figure out how to add these and get the wiring for the lights to the inside of the truck... Thanks!.......... Triffid

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:14 pm

Yes, take a look at the posts under Region Specific->Las Vegas->Death Valley 2008.
My Pathy is there with the load warrior, shovel, and Hi-Jack. No tire carrier though.

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:21 pm

The wiring for the lights can pass through winshield channel on the left side into the engine compartment to the battery and through the rubber groumut where the wiring harness is near the brake booster. Use waterproof quick-connects so you can disconnect when you do remove the rack at times. I've seen it done when I was visiting ARB in WA.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Re: Yakima Load Warrior Add-Ons

Postby blink32 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:26 pm

Triffid wrote: axe/shovel mount, & Light mounts...
When you figure out the wiring let me know.

Here is a zoomed in pic of the shovel mounts and light mounts.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:32 pm

ragpaoa wrote:The wiring for the lights can pass through winshield channel on the left side
I'm having trouble visualizing this. Left side as in passenger side? And when you say the windshield channel is that the area I have circled in yellow? Was there anything securing the wiring between the windshied and the rack?

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:45 pm

Sorry, I wasn't clear.
The guy ran it from the ARB roof/light rack down the driver's side channel, like your picture but the driver's side, and a clear silicon was used to secure it. It wasn't too bad. The advantage was that if he needed to take it off later, it would be easy, and no drilling.
It was'nt an elegant solution, but just an option. Anyway, with all that gear up there, no one really cares anyway about how you route the wires.

blink32
Sponsored Member

Postby blink32 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:48 pm

Ah, ok. Got it. I'd rather use clear silicone then drill anything into my roof. At-least in this decade anyways.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:24 pm

Thanks for the info... I wonder if there is a way to run the wiring by way of the sunroof?... Have you ever seen anyone mount an axe & shovel on one side and the Hi-Lift Jack on the other... Or maybe across the back?... Thanks again........... Triffid

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:46 pm

Nah, not the sunroof. I already looked into it when trying to install the XM antenna.
The other option (if you don't mind drilling) is by way of the rails. You can pop open plastic at the base of the rails (real easy just by pushing forward) and drill near the bolts that hold the rails. It's cleaner than near the windshield. That's what I am thinking about doing. Apply rustoleum and good silicone, and your good.

markspath

Re: Yakima Load Warrior Add-Ons

Postby markspath » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:52 pm

Triffid wrote:Anyone use or have pictures of the Yakima Load Warrior add on's?... Spare tire mount, axe/shovel mount, Hi-Lift jack mount, & Light mounts... Trying to figure out how to add these and get the wiring for the lights to the inside of the truck... Thanks!.......... Triffid
You mean like this:

and this:

and this, with the home-built jig for holding spare gas and water:

The shovel and jack are mounted using Yakima rack accessory kits. The rack is a SportsRack brand, which is now a subsidiary of Yakima. The kits went on without any problems. Those two things sticking-up on the front of the rack are Yakima Bullhead bicycle front-fork mounts. The CB antenna is mounted using a mirror-mount designed for International-brand commercial truck mirror frames.

My plan is to also be able to mount a 2nd spare tire up top. I would use ratchet-straps for this instead of the mounting kit, because I'd only put the spare up there when off-roading. Unfortunately, the box I use for my tools, recovery and survival gear, along with the jig for holding the extra gas/water carriers, leaves me short by about 4" for the tire. Over the winter I'm going to try to find two smaller boxes for tools and recovery gear, move the survival gear to a daypack, and modify or build a new jig to give me extra room.

I just ran the wires through the top of the rear hatch. I thought this might result in some rain infiltration, but if you loop the wires so the low-point is outside the inner seal, no water gets inside. I've been monitoring for any sign of wetness or corrosion -- so far so good. I use waterproof quick disconnects for the wiring and the rack can come completely off for normal use to save fuel economy.

More pictures of the rack mods, other mods, and the truck in general are here:

http://photobucket.com/MarksPath_Truck

Unfortunately, since I fractured a vertebrae during my trip to Moab (and other points west), I haven't been able to do anymore with the truck (or even take-off the rack since getting home in late July). Its getting better though, and the docs tell me I should be all better in another month or two.

guinnessjim

Postby guinnessjim » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:30 pm

cool rig, man. nice job. sorry 'bout the back.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:56 am

Nice!... Thanks for the pictures & info... Hope you get to feeling ok soon!........ Triffid

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:56 am

Yeah, nice setup.
Tell us about the hose you have there for refueling. I have a similar setup (see the Las Vegas section under Death Valley 2008) and I would like to not have to take the gas tanks down to refuel.
Just curious, were you off-roading in MOAB with the Pathy, or Mtn Biking?

Hope you get better soon.

Thx
Last edited by rragpaoa on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Triffid
Sponsored Member

Postby Triffid » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:01 pm

Just found this... They got lots of stuff!........ Triffid

https://www.expeditionexchange.com/supersiphon/

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:04 pm

hey Triffid, thanks for the link! Gonna get me one of those.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”