ABS sensor quantity? Blockheater & internal heater recs?

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

SoloVoyager

ABS sensor quantity? Blockheater & internal heater recs?

Postby SoloVoyager » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:35 pm

Hi folks,

I have the 126 Kw 2.5 dcI Pathfinder (2007) model. A few questions:

1) How many sensors are there for it? (The ABS, non-slip, and 4WD light are always on.) Was told I have to change the sensor as it's oxidised. Is there only one cable needed, or do I need one cable for each wheel?

I was given the part number 47910-EA025.

2) Blockheater and inside heater related:

I've been reading about "Defa WarmUp", which apparently is one unit which heats up an engine and inside the car at the same time, so that the car starts up on arctic days, and provides frost-free windows.

However, when I do a search on the Defa website, no mention is made of one complete unit. Instead it says I need one block heater unit and connectors, and then an internal "blow heater" with connectors.

Can somebody please clarify and give info on the above questions. I live in the snowbelt of nordic Europe.

Cheers in advance,
SV

labsy

Postby labsy » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:26 pm

Hi,

Regarding (1), there is a sensor on each wheel for rotational speed/direction, and central gravity sensor inside cabin/dash. The code 47910-EA025 is for FRONT wheel ABS sensor, which might be faulty in your case.
...but I cannot find your lamp combination in service manual, so it is not necessarily front ABS sensor. And even if it is, you must find tha reason of fault. It might simply be electrically broken, but it might also be damaged from touching the ABS sensor wheel, which might come out of worn wheel hub bearings.

So I suggest you either buy cheap ELM OBD2 bluetooth adapter and get trouble codes out of vehicle yourself (with Android phone and OBD2 bluetooth adapter), or go to a mechanic to pull them out for you. From trouble code you will clearly see if ABS sensor is faulty, or is there something more to repair.

Regarding (2) DEFA WarmUp, I think it's pretty self-explanatory what the system is and how it works from the quick view on their web site http://www.defa.com/en/automotive/warmu ... ts/warmup/.
In short, it's an ELECTRIC heating/battery charging system, where you need to install engine heater, cabin heater w/ blower fan and electronic battery charging unit ON CAR and plug-in station on PARKING LOT for electric supply.
The system therefore consists of different parts:
- engine heater
- cabin interior heater
- battery charger
- parking station (optional)
It can be plugged into household wall outlet 110/220V.
This system does NOT work, if you do not plug it into some power supply, be it plugin station, or some other wall outlet nearby.

BTW - Google is your friend ;)

SoloVoyager

Postby SoloVoyager » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:47 pm

Many thanks, Labsy, for the detailed info. I think, on reflection, I may go for the Webasto system, instead of Defa, but need to find a suitable indy garage - of course, the only question is price, since Webasto costs quite a bit.

Re the wire, the Nissan dealer in Germany already only identified one fault, so not on all four sides.

Cheers,
SV

SoloVoyager

Postby SoloVoyager » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:19 pm

Update: info needed.

The front ABS-sensor cable was replaced today. However, this has not solved the problem (ABS light, non-slip, and 4WD lights are all on all the time.)

The indy garage says the other part of the harness (where is that exactly located?) may be the problem.

Some questions before I approach the garage again, and so he can't bullcrap me on the labour estimate:

1) How many hours, ball-park, are we talking in fixing this?

2) Does it involve replacing the whole harness part, or what's typically involved?

Advice will be much appreciated. I have Googled a search on this, but I get lots of answers on the web for other Nissan models, but not for our Pathfinders.

Return to “R51 Electrical”