No heat in Rear, no Blower in Front

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Muuarren

No heat in Rear, no Blower in Front

Postby Muuarren » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:46 pm

I don't have heat.

2005 Pathfinder - Auto climate (and every other possible option, I think)

The rear will not get warm despite my efforts to burp the cooling system. is there an electrical valve/relay somewhere that needs to open to allow heat to the rear? Had a van like that.

The front blower refuses to work. I have checked all the fuses. There is also a relay in the fuse box under the hood; I don't know how to test that. I bought a new resistor but no joy when I plugged that in.

Any ideas? I haven't had the fan out yet. I cant seem to figure out what size the screws are.

thanks
Matt

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:30 pm

There is a heater pump that helps push the coolant back to the rear heater. It looks a bit like a heater cock (the valve that controls the flow of coolant to the heater core) and is mounted on the firewall, on the driver's side of the engine. I can't say for sure that it "is" your problem, but a possibility.

Muuarren

Postby Muuarren » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:12 pm

That little pump does seem to work. It turns on when I turn the front blower up past a certain point. I heard it the other day when I was working since I had the ignition on but the engine off. At first I thought it was the blower turning on very low, but I tracked the whirring noise to that little pump.

Return to “R51 Electrical”