A/C issues that annoys me

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

mtbpath

A/C issues that annoys me

Postby mtbpath » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:14 am

One of the things I don't like about the a/c temperature control is that it starts at 60 and then 65. what about 61,62,63...
also, is it just me. but why is 65 during the afternoon is nice and cool, but at night (I work late shift), 65 is too hot.
I don't know if it registers the outside temp by the mirror temperature display. but it annoys me that I constantly have to adjust the temp gauge.

have any of you experienced similar issues?
on my next visit, I will mention it, maybe its a bad solenoid or whatever the mechanism is.

rragpaoa

Postby rragpaoa » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:16 pm

The 61,62 increments don't bother me. What bothers me is the problems I had with the HVAC in general. The HVAC just doesn't work as well in general. I just brought my Pathy in for the 5th time for cooling and heating problems (does not heat or cool on idle, only when the car is moving). Nissan says there's no problem, but when I was freezing my butt off in the snow this weekend becuase the heater does not work, I demanded they work on it until its's fixed. This is on top of the A/C problem as well. Now, the parking lights don't work for some reason, and they don't want to fix it under warranty since I am at 38K. But I argued that it had the problem before the 36K.

What I have accepted about the Pathfinder in the past year is that things work, but they don't work great, from fit, to finish, to mechanical. Of course, I am comparing to the Lexus GX470 my wife has. Yes, it's 8K more, but I can honestly say, it's worth the 8K.

G35TR

Postby G35TR » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:48 am

ragpaop, I had the exact same problem as you. Heater worked fine blowing nice hot air, until i came to stop light. Then blew cold air until the light turned green and I started moving again.

I took it to the dealer and they said there was nothing seriously wrong, but they did notice air in the coolant lines. They said this could be causing the problem, so they purged the air. Got the truck back, and the heater seems to the operating properly now. Of course we haven't gotten much cold weather this year in FL., so I haven't been able to test it a whole lot, but it does seem to be fixed so far.

Hope this helps.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”