1999 Nissan Pathfinder - Alarm issue

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

bolbol

1999 Nissan Pathfinder - Alarm issue

Postby bolbol » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:41 pm

Hello everyone,

Today I bought myself a 1999 Nissan Pathfinder because I had crashed my previous car and I am in need of a vehicle for work and school.

I got the car and i drove it home and everything was fine except some suspension issues. Anyway... I parked the car in the afternoon and I went to drive it around for a bit after like 4-5 hours and when I unlocked the car the alarm went off..

I went in and tried to start the car because my previous cars alarm would go silent when the car was turned on... but nope it wouldnt turn on...

I disconnected the 3 horns on the vehicle (2 at the front and one behind the battery but unfortunately that only eliminated the noise...

The alarm was still active because the front lights were flashing still and the car wouldnt even start.

The key that I got has no buttons for an alarm and nothing else seems to stop the alarm.. I even tried to disconnect the wiring that is at the bottom left of the steering wheel...

For now I have taken the battery terminal off so it wont drain it with the flashing lights.

What can I do to start my car? I dont really want the alarm on there and Id be better off without it but I am sure that as long as the alarm is activated the car cant be turned on...

Is there any way to disable it fully? The fuse panel is missing too so I am not sure if it has a fuse for it and whether or not pulling it would make any difference.

If any pictures are required to help me fix this please let me know

Thanks!

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”