New antenna

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

jetstream87

New antenna

Postby jetstream87 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:57 pm

So my 15 year old sibling took our 1997 Nissan Pathfinder to an express car wash. Turned out that the machines rip the antenna out, now I just have the base but the antenna ripped out. Anyone tell me where can I find one, should I put a small antenna the ones they put on the top? Or if I get a regular one how can I repair it?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:09 am

If it's a power antennae, you can get just the mast from Nissan. If it pulled the plastic track all the way out, you just remove the top nut from the base, pull out the metal sleeve, turn the radio "on" and let the motor run until it stops, feed in the new track and have somebody turn the radio "off." The motor will retract the plastic track into the motor assy. (it doesn't have to pull the antennae all the way down). When the motor stops, install the nut and turn the radio "on." The antennae will extend all the way up and should retract all the way down when it's turned "off." If part of the plastic track is broken off inside the motor, you will need to remove the antennae motor assy. and open it up to remove the broken bit of track.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”