Upper rear control arm bushing replacement

Topics relating to Lift Kits, Suspension, Steering...

Moderator: volvite

silver x0ne

Upper rear control arm bushing replacement

Postby silver x0ne » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:47 pm

Anyone used the 4x4 parts rear upper control arm bushings? Trying to figure out if it is going to be a drill out/burn out stock bushing before being able to replace them.hoping my camber issue is the source of my problems.

silver x0ne

Postby silver x0ne » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:22 am

Got them installed... What a pain. I'm not sure why (maybe they have a good reason) but it seems like it'd make more sense to utilize the factory bushing sleeve instead of having to press in a whole new one. I used a combination of air hammer, chisels, torch, shop press.. I had a professional shop tell me they wanted nothing to do with it which meant I had to. If y'all need a step by step or tips my second arm went much better than the first.

So anyway, I have the 4x4parts 1.75" HD springs and have had camber issues. I figured going with these springs I'd be okay because people reported only having issues with the ome or larger. Needless to say I had to purchase these eccentric bushings in hope that I could fix the issue as positive camber tends to make a mess of tires and handling.

Things I've done to the rear:

4x4parts HD springs (1.75)
Airlift 1000 bags
New lower control arms
New spring buckets
Upper control arm eccentric bushings (set about 270deg 0 being up)

I've got 0.0 camber on the left side and 0.7 on the right, they say its in spec if its between -0.5 and 0.5 so I'm not terribly far off. Right now I've got the eccentric part outward most (270deg) so the arm sits further in. I think I'm going to try angling them at about 220 deg as that is more in line with the control arm and I think that'll give me a bit more. Right now I'm just using Firestone as I have their lifetime alignment but considering taking it to a specialty shop just so I can get it right. Anyone have any suggestions?

http://www.4x4parts.com/i-22756999-rear ... hings.html

Thupertrooper

Postby Thupertrooper » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:29 pm

Good info i was reading into those.

Return to “R51 Suspension and Steering”