Ignition question

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

heavenjumper

Ignition question

Postby heavenjumper » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:38 pm

I got a really good deal on a 97 pathfinder, but the deal came with some issues. Someone tried to steal it from the previous owner and obliterated the ignition lock cylinder as well as activated the security system. I know how to kill the security activation. However I'm having an impossible time locating an ignition cylinder to put in it. I can find one that's listed for an automatic with no problem, but mine is 4x4 and a manual transmission. Does anyone know where I can find one (other than paying over $300 at a dealership) or if it makes a difference whether it's an automatic or manual transmission? Any help is greatly appreciated.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:50 am

Yes, it makes a difference whether it's a manual or auto trans. Anyway, both are available at Rockauto.com with key starting at $73+shipping.

heavenjumper

Postby heavenjumper » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:22 am

Thank you so much, I somehow forgot about Rock Auto. I just ordered the last one in stock and it will be installed as soon as it arrives!

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”