97 wiring

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

heavenjumper

97 wiring

Postby heavenjumper » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:53 pm

This pathfinder is the first Nissan I have owned and I bought it with a couple wires under the hood cut and I'm not sure how to reconnect them. I'm honestly not sure what the piece is that the wires are coming from, but it looks like a solenoid. It's on the passenger side of the car, next to the strut mount. There are 4 wires going to a connector from this piece, but there are 5 wires coming from it. A white, black, and blue wire come out the front and I can connect those no issue, but there's a green wire (matches to the connector) as well as a second white wire coming from the bottom of it. Where does the extra wire connect? I have a picture of it, but I'm not sure how to include that in the post. Any help is greatly appreciated.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:33 am

A pic would be very helpful. You can use a service like photobucket to upload the picture and copy and paste the link in your post.

heavenjumper

Postby heavenjumper » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:43 am

Here is the link for the picture. You can see the wires coming from the piece and the connector as well. Again I appreciate any help.

http://s1053.photobucket.com/user/heave ... sort=3&o=0

moymurfs

Postby moymurfs » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:12 pm

That's your cruise control.

You need to unbolt the unit from the fenderwall, turn it upside down and you will see where the "extra" wires go. There is a black plastic housing (air valve) under the box you can partially see it in your pic. The wires go in on the fender side (white and a green).

heavenjumper

Postby heavenjumper » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:57 am

OK, that makes sense. Thank you for the help. I did actually get it cranked up yesterday afternoon so I can start enjoying it, just without cruise control until I reconnect those wires. Again, your help is much appreciated.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”