door lock actuator?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

GK1707

door lock actuator?

Postby GK1707 » Fri May 27, 2016 8:36 am

So the rear left door lock on my 05 Pathfinder LE stopped working. When I unlock with the keyfob or the driver switch the lock doesn't move. I have to manually open the lock by hand.

So I ordered a new Door lock actuator and it rockauto and all the other sites recommend Part number DLA34 but when I received the part it doesn't seem to match with the door lock actuator on the car. Is there a different part number or should I order from Nissan? Anyone else had this problem.

This is the actuator and plug on the car;

This is part number DLA34; the supposed actuator that is supposed to work. It has a 4 prong connector and the pathfinder connector is only 2 pronged.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri May 27, 2016 11:17 am

I think this is an actuator for an R50 Pathfinder, not an R51. If you go to Rockauto and click on DLA34, it brings up the models it fits. It shows 1996-2005 Pathfinders and that it fits all four door lock locations. I believe it should read 1996-2004 Pathfinders. If the actuator fit 2005 models, then it should also list 2006 and later. So, I believe the information is incorrect.
I believe the part you'll need is Nissan 82501-ZP80A.
I don't believe there is an aftermarket alternative for this part, so you'll have to get one from Nissan if you want a new one. Try Ebay or CourtesyParts.com for a descent price. You won't be getting just the actuator, but the latch and actuator assembly.

00pathySE

Postby 00pathySE » Mon May 30, 2016 8:17 am

That's funny. I have the exact same problem on the same door on my 06 LE. I took a look at it to see if I could get it to work but looked like I would need to replace the entire actuator as in your case. I was hoping it was just a loose or wire or something. Seems like too much work and cost. I can live with reaching in and unlocking. Just like my old Olds with manual locks. No biggie.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”