Watch out pathfinder owner's

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

me&pathy

Watch out pathfinder owner's

Postby me&pathy » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:03 pm

well as i had mentioned in earlier post's about a loss in power and the loud squealing the motor would make in the pathfinder it hit hard on Wednesday. I was getting on to I-5 bound for Long Beach and i get out on to the road a put the pedal down and nothing happened. The transmission down shifted but the motor would not pull. I pulled off and let it sit but i got it going again. It was really bad any thing past 70 and it would bog out. That next morning i was at Cerritos nissan. I took the service fore man for a test drive. He heard the noise and saw how horribly slow it was. We took it back to the dealer and called into symra Tennessee. He told me it was one of two thing's. the first he said was that it was a blocked or broken vent for crank case, and the second was that there may be a hole in the manifold and that allot of frontier's and xterra's have been rolling of the line with the problem. I was also one of three pathfinder owner's to report the problem. Well it wasn't fixed because i needed the truck because my grandmother was having surgery the next day and i needed to take her. So Im going get it fixed and this is going be the pathfinder's last chance.

NVRDONE

Postby NVRDONE » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:32 am

Wow !! What's the mileage & did this power loss happen over a period of time or instantly ?
I have an 06 with 38k & have had no problems, so this intersts me.

me&pathy

Postby me&pathy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:58 pm

myn has 34k on it had been starting to feel gradually slower so i started putting 91 in it and that helped for a while but know its just sound's sick and its so slow i drove it again to day and the transmission had it between 4 and 6 thousand revs so it knows there is something wrong and its chugging fuel like nothing the trip computer say's im getting about 9 miles to gallon now. so when i get some time off i am going to take it in. It has not give any kind of check engine light so im starting to think its a bad manifold. But its sitting in the drive way now. :cry: its depressing because i like to drive it more than the g35

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:44 am

Heya, sorry to hear bout the pathy..Just wondering if anything been reported for the 08 models. Mines got only 11500kms on it, so still pretty new..

Fofiddy

Postby Fofiddy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:31 am

Sorry to hear your ownership experience has been so problematic. I'm having a hard time accepting your Pathy could be giving you so many problems. Not that I'm calling you a liar, it's more of denial on my part. I've been blessed with one of the first production runs and every issue I've had has been dealt with by TSB, well eventually. Rounding 58,000 not so gentle miles of which I'm going to assume near the last 20k of it with 2 bum shafts. When the issue was finally resolved it renewed my faith in my path. Nearly 60k and it drives like it just came of the lot.

I hope they resolve your issue ASAP and your all set from there.

NVRDONE

Postby NVRDONE » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:36 am

Just checked alldata & there are no tsb's that refer to amything like this including problems with holes in the manifold.
I have experienced catalitic converter failures where the cat plugs up & the car will rev but has no power.
Good luck on this one.

Gray

Re: Watch out pathfinder owner's

Postby Gray » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:02 am

me&pathy wrote: He told me it was one of two thing's...the first he said was that it was a blocked or broken vent for crank case, and the second was that there may be a hole in the manifold and that allot of frontier's and xterra's have been rolling of the line with the problem.
Hope it's a relatively minor problem.

Tillyboat

Postby Tillyboat » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:38 pm

I've driven a vehicle previously with catalytic converter problems like NVRDONE. It would drive normal under slow driving, but when you needed power it would rev high into the rpm range but it would be very weak, and have little power. This condition eventually lead to a wrecked engine. The engine was replaced under warranty two times because the technicians failed to diagnose it properly. The vehicle was eventually replaced.

"Sometimes you can tell that a converter is clogged because you don't go any faster when you push the gas pedal. Also, there usually is a noticeable drop in gas mileage associated with a clogged catalytic converter. A partially clogged converter often acts like an engine governor, limiting the actual RPMs to a fast idle. A totally clogged converter causes the engine to quit after a few minutes because of all the increased exhaust back pressure. "

Read up on catalytic converters and see for yourself. This sounds like it might be the problem.

Have a good day y'all.

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:46 am

Been having problems loging on again!!!

Anywyas, Me&pathy what did the dealer tell you?? did it end up being the cat converter?? or was the problem the manifold?? Hope alls well now..

trance34

Postby trance34 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:50 am

Had my drive shaft replaced about a month ago.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”