2001 Pathfinder brakes problem

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

lilrobo

2001 Pathfinder brakes problem

Postby lilrobo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:44 am

i am working a 2001 pathfinder , the lady said hit the brakes real hard to stop and broke a brake line , ok i replaced that and bled the lines several times it a vac system , i have no pedal i can pump them and its gets full i was going to replace the master thinking maybe something broke in there , but ist the hard one for get and no one has it around here , is there something else i need to try before i start replacing things

thanks

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:01 pm

Did you bleed the system as directed in the factory service manual? Bleeding procedure is not the typical go from the farthest out to the closest to the master cylinder like older vehicles. Also, the ABS actuator may need to be disabled or battery cable disconnected.

lilrobo

Postby lilrobo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:57 pm

thanks for the info ,, no i didnt sorry i did it old fashion way ,, ill up the correct way

thanks again ,, i will disconnect the battery also

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:50 pm

Your best bet would be to download a service manual for your Pathfinder. You can download loose sections in the knowledge base at NissanHelp.com. Most of the later model, Nissan trucks with ABS require disconnecting the battery cable (to disable the ABS system) and bleeding in the order of: right-rear, left-front, left-rear, right-front. That said, consult the service manual to be sure.

lilrobo

Postby lilrobo » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:59 am

ohh i had a shop do a vac bleed also ,and no luck , i just looked up the bleeding instructions i dont understand sorry , maybe if i disconnect the battery and reset things ,, right now i can pump up the pedal i was able to locate a new MC i was thinking that something was blown in it
please tell e the proper way to bleed

thanks

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”