Pathfinder shaking

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

CristianMTK

Pathfinder shaking

Postby CristianMTK » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:44 pm

I was driving home and once I got to a stop sign my pathfinder started to shake really bad. I began driving becuase i thought it would go away but my car wouldn't drive past 40mph, the vibration would get really bad. I pulled over shut it down and turned it on and it was still doing the same thing. I was able to drive under 20mph with it barley shaking. The check engine light came and began to blink, this happened 5 times or so. Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be? I'm having it towed tonight to my mechanic but I'm still waiting on a tow truck.

It's a 2008 SE with 115k miles

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:20 pm

Cam position sensor or a crank position sensor failure is a possibility, but it would help to find out what code(s) is/are stored. A bad coil pack or oil in a spark plug well could also cause a similar condition, or even a bad fuel injector (although fuel injector failure on these engines is pretty uncommon).

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”