Headlamp aiming system

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

Gray

Headlamp aiming system

Postby Gray » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:52 am

Do any know if some models of 05+ PF's come with headlamp aiming adjustment motors with a dashboard switch or control. If not have any looked into fitting an electric remote headlamp adjustment system from another vehicle.

From the 05+ PF service manual on page LT25 it says that

"Before performing aiming adjustment check the following;

Confirm Headlamp Aiming Switch is set to "0" (zero) position"

Does anyone have a headlamp aiming switch other than the high / low beam control, maybe on some European built models? Thanks.

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:02 pm

The GCC spec pathys come with the headlight aiming control. Its the same on shown on the pic..Any idea where GCC spec pathys come from??

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:41 pm

coom1986 wrote:The GCC spec pathys come with the headlight aiming control. Its the same on shown on the pic..Any idea where GCC spec pathys come from??
AFAIK the GCC PF diesels are built in Barcelona and I know that there is a Spanish built gasoline model as well but I was reading something about gasoline PF models being imported from the US into Saudi also so maybe it depends on which GCC country.

Good info though, maybe I can find a Euro parts list somewhere or just get a Hella system as they build the control motors and switches for just about all of the other Euro auto manufacturers, VW, Audi, Merc, etc.

V8supercarsrock

Postby V8supercarsrock » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:09 am

I have the ST 4x4 model (read Poverty Pack) in a Turbo Diesel in Aust and it has the headlight adjuster as pictured above. The Australian models are all imported from Spain.

Hope this helps

Cheers
David

coom1986

Postby coom1986 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:21 am

I live in Dubai, i thought the pathys over here were imported from the US. All GCC spec vehicles come with beefed up cooling systems, better A/C performance and improved dust filteration. Acording to a local autosite, they said, GCC representatives were there during the development phases inorder to make sure they can handle the rough climate and the harsh conditions, only then were they given the "ok" to go into production. People over here love off roading in the desert!!

Anyways, you mite as well go with the after market.
Cheers..

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:36 am

V8supercarsrock wrote:I have the ST 4x4 model (read Poverty Pack) in a Turbo Diesel in Aust and it has the headlight adjuster as pictured above. The Australian models are all imported from Spain.

Hope this helps

Cheers
David
Thanks David, a far as I've been able to see the S models from both manufacturing plants might potentially be the better vehicles with less electrics to screw up, no remote cooling system at the back of the truck with lines to wear out and in the case of the NA model come in at about 200 lbs lighter than other models as there's no sunroof and other weight so there's some extra load capacity on the NA S model as well.

Did your truck come with Halogen lights or HID and do you know if an HID lamp bulb is recommended for use in that type of lamp case or would you have to buy new lamp cases to install HID bulbs?

If you're talking with your dearlership parts department maybe ask them what the cost of a replacement motor for a headlamp costs or if it comes as attached to a complete headlamp assembly and also what a new light control switch costs. Too much to ask but it would be interesting to the NA members on the forum to see a photo of how the adjustment motor is attached to the back of the headlamp case.

Cheers.

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:42 am

coom1986 wrote:I live in Dubai, i thought the pathys over here were imported from the US. All GCC spec vehicles come with beefed up cooling systems, better A/C performance and improved dust filteration. Acording to a local autosite, they said, GCC representatives were there during the development phases inorder to make sure they can handle the rough climate and the harsh conditions, only then were they given the "ok" to go into production. People over here love off roading in the desert!!

Anyways, you mite as well go with the after market.
Cheers..
Thanks Coom, I've heard that there are fields full of wrecked new trucks over there as well. What's a set of auto wrecker used HID headlamp assemblies for an 05 to 07 LHD PF/Frontier costing in Dubai these days? :)

V8supercarsrock

Postby V8supercarsrock » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:58 am

Greybrick wrote:
V8supercarsrock wrote:I have the ST 4x4 model (read Poverty Pack) in a Turbo Diesel in Aust and it has the headlight adjuster as pictured above. The Australian models are all imported from Spain.

Hope this helps

Cheers
David
Thanks David, a far as I've been able to see the S models from both manufacturing plants might potentially be the better vehicles with less electrics to screw up, no remote cooling system at the back of the truck with lines to wear out and in the case of the NA model come in at about 200 lbs lighter than other models as there's no sunroof and other weight so there's some extra load capacity on the NA S model as well.

Did your truck come with Halogen lights or HID and do you know if an HID lamp bulb is recommended for use in that type of lamp case or would you have to buy new lamp cases to install HID bulbs?

If you're talking with your dearlership parts department maybe ask them what the cost of a replacement motor for a headlamp costs or if it comes as attached to a complete headlamp assembly and also what a new light control switch costs. Too much to ask but it would be interesting to the NA members on the forum to see a photo of how the adjustment motor is attached to the back of the headlamp case.

Cheers.

Hi Greybrick,

If I can remember to do so I will make a call on Monday as I have the day off work ... woohoo I love a 9 day fortnight !!! :P

The Aust models ( there is 3 of them St, ST-L and Ti) all come with Halogen headlights & are barely better than the old oil lamps that came on the model T Ford :evil: .. I have fitted an upgraded H4 bulb from Philips but still felt the need to add a set of the new Narva 225 100watt driving lights as well ... no probs seeing those pesky kangaroos now :wink: I think there is an HID conversion kit for the Aust version but it requires the ballast to be installed away from the lights

The Ti comes with all the bells and whistles ie: Sunroof, dualzone air con and full length side airbags electric everything etc ... The St-L is the middle version and has the electronic traction control in series 1 and 2 but the 08 model St also has this stuff too ....

Hope this helps

Cheers
David

Gray

Postby Gray » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:43 am

V8supercarsrock wrote:I think there is an HID conversion kit for the Aust version but it requires the ballast to be installed away from the lights.
Thanks David,

we get the same HID conversion replacement bulbs and ballasts here in NA which when used with the stock Halogen reflector assembly don't reflect properly and splash light all over the road and into oncoming eyes. Due to legal differences European PF's are available with self leveling HID dedicated assemblies and reflectors, think like BMW or Mercedes higher end vehicles, but an expensive touch.

Due to US laws vertical headlight adjusters are illegal in NA as if they are set up wrong they can be used to blind oncoming traffic. Headlight adjusters would be a great retrofit install here though for any who carry varying loads and don't have time to pull off to readjust their headlights for every new load condition, or for offroad use. It would be great to see if the Aust adjustment motors are attached to the standard NA Halogen assembly or are purpose fit to a specially designed headlamp box.

Cheers, Grey

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”