Mud Guard install

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

Kael2001

Mud Guard install

Postby Kael2001 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:36 pm

Apparently mud guards didn't come as standard on the T-spec pathy in this country, and mine doesn't have them...
So after getting pissed of with road dirt streaks up the side doors and rain water whooshing around the back window like a vortex, I stumped up for an OEM set of mud guards.
They are part numbers:
Pathfinder (R51M) Mudguards - Front Set (999J2XR000E3)
Pathfinder (R51M) Mudguards - Rear Set (999J2XR000E4)

They come with all the bits to fit them but as the rear ones require drilling holes into the car I'll be trying to do this on Monday, pics to follow!

Kael2001

Postby Kael2001 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:54 pm

All 4 look a little like this

The front ones are extremely easy, simply remove the 3 screws on the inside and 1 under the wheel arch, (and discard) place the guard up against the arch and replace the screws with the longer ones included in the pack:

The rear ones filled me with a little more trepidation as the instructions call for a 9.5mm and 6mm drill bit but having looked at it it's still nice and easy.
(I didn't but removing the wheel would make it much easier for access)
The 6mm holes are pre marked and just require some careful drilling.

Then slot the clips over the hole to provide purchase for the screws.

The 9.5mm bit is used to round off a square hole under the wheel arch, which should contain a plastic retainer (mine were missing anyway!) to be discarded.

Hole drilled square:

Then same as before present the guard to the arch and screw in the 3 screws

In the pack is a round plastic lug nut which goes through the guard and into the hole you just drilled square.

End result:

FRONT:

REAR:

TNhunter

Postby TNhunter » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:28 am

Just did this on my 2012 S model. Turned out nice and I'm happy with them So far.

Return to “R51 Body Interior and Exterior”