Do I need a new Valve body?

Discussion topics related to the radiator and transmission failures in all Nissan trucks, education of the public on this issue, and attempts to force Nissan to start a recall.

Moderator: volvite

joanne

Do I need a new Valve body?

Postby joanne » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:27 pm

[color=red][/color][b]

Hello everyone, im new here and would love some advice. We have a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder, the gears were slipping a while back so we were advised to change the solenoids...

At the same time we changed the trans fluid and filter, it now drives lovely 1st gear up to 4th but wont shift into 5th..

I have read a lot of info and see that it could be down to the valve body. The pan was clean no debris and fluid a good colour as I know they have a fault with radiator..

Has anyone experienced the same problem at all and managed to fix it? without having to change whole transmission? We bought a scanning tool but it says no problems detected!!

Thank you for taking time to read hope someone can help :)

Jo[/b]

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:05 pm

I would suggest downloading a 2006 Pathfinder factory service manual and refer to the automatic transmission's section's symptom chart for possible causes and diagnostic steps for a no shift into 5th gear problem. It could be a valve body, but you need to follow the manufacturer's steps to isolate it as the cause of the problem. I know there's a 2005 service manual at this site somewhere which would work. Nico Club's site also has factory service manuals for download, among other places.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:01 am

our service manual is in the third "sticky" in the "2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)" section

Return to “Nissan Transmission FAIL”