Pathfinder R51, 2.5 DCi A/T

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

ostesam

Pathfinder R51, 2.5 DCi A/T

Postby ostesam » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:50 am

Hi from finland

Can somebody help with Pathfinder R51 2006 problem. When I'm driving and press acceleration pedal more than half the car starts to jerks as if it doesn't get enough fuel or air or etc... Earlier the problem appeared sometimes but nowadays nearly every day but only harder accelerate!
OBD II gave code 1705 and autocodes tells next:

P1705 INFINITI - Throttle Position Sensor

What does this mean?

Possible causes

•Faulty Electric Throttle Control (ETC)
•Electric Throttle Control (ETC) harness is open or shorted
•Electric Throttle Control (ETC) circuit poor electrical connection

Ok. My question is... What does mean this code because my car has vacuum throttle body. Not electric! Does the faulty SCV give any fault codes?

Other problem with very hard acceleration. When I press the pedal to bottom then 4wd warning light ignite and motor goes limp mode. What will be reason?

labsy

Postby labsy » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:57 am

Hmmm...this is very unclear in service manual, too. I cannot find the location of Throttle Position Sensor being clearly marked in whole service manula for YD25 engine.
The trouble code itself is mentioned in "A/T transmission" section which bothers me.
The only piece of hardware which looks like Throttle Position Sensor is on gas pedal itself:

The principle is described:
The accelerator pedal position sensor sends a signal to ECM, and ECM sends signals to TCM with CAN communication.

Best would be to go on proper diagnostic with Consult II tool, but you can use some Android software with your OBDII which read Acclerator Position. I guess it reads from CAN communication.
I can see on my vehicle Throttle Position and it's simple to test - just pressing gas pedal and it is clearly visible in scale from 0 to 100% on Android device.

But still this won't give you exact info, whether defect is on Throttle Position Sensor, harness, wiring or even in ECM.

BTW...where did you get idea your Throttle Position Sensor is vacuum type? You maybe mixed it with some other component on engine itself.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”