Where is the fuel temp sensor located?

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

Dwyck99

Where is the fuel temp sensor located?

Postby Dwyck99 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:37 pm

I am getting the fuel temp sensor code on a 2008 PF. Can anyone tell me how to get to it and any troubleshooting steps to take before actual replacement?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:19 pm

What code did you get? You can download a factory service manual and it will give you diagnostic steps for the code in the "Engine Control" chapter. Nico Club's site has downloadable manuals and NissanHelp.com has downloadable chapters in their "knowledge base" section. The fuel temp sensor should be on the fuel pump module inside of the gas tank. You would have to remove the gas tank to access it.

Dwyck99

Postby Dwyck99 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:03 pm

I can't recall the code but it is definitely the fts code. I had it scanned at two different shops. So this would not be a vehicle where there would possibly be a harness on the outside that might just need re-seating? How much of an issue it a faulty fts?

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:00 am

Of course it could be something other than the sensor itself; that's why if you want to be sure, the diagnostic steps located in the service manual for the given code need to be performed to isolate the exact cause. The fuel temp sensor isn't a major detriment to engine performance, but it does help, along with information from other sensors, let the ECM run the engine with more efficiency. The biggest issue is if the check engine light is "on," it will likely prevent the vehicle from passing state inspection when the time is due.

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”