05 pathfinder LE shift hesitation

The Gas and Diesel Engines - VQ40De, VK56DE, YD25DDTi, V9X, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

ebber99

05 pathfinder LE shift hesitation

Postby ebber99 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:14 am

Hi,

So I noticed lately that when going around 40 to 45 mph and the rpms are low and I need a little bit more power to keep it steady so slowing press the gas pedal it almost sounds like a vibration or hesitation. if you give it a shot of gas it will either move into another gear or it will come out of it and continue on as normal.

I dont have the probably going from a start and getting it up to that speed only when its requires a little bit more power while cruising steadily along.

Could it be the Transmission fluid? it has 200,000 kms or 124,000 miles :) do I need to start looking for a new tranny

I was going to sell it but I cant sell it like this until its fixed or I will have to just keep it

eieio
Sponsored Member

Re: 05 pathfinder LE shift hesitation

Postby eieio » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:01 am

ebber99 wrote:Hi,

So I noticed lately that when going around 40 to 45 mph and the rpms are low and I need a little bit more power to keep it steady so slowing press the gas pedal it almost sounds like a vibration or hesitation. if you give it a shot of gas it will either move into another gear or it will come out of it and continue on as normal.

I dont have the probably going from a start and getting it up to that speed only when its requires a little bit more power while cruising steadily along.

Could it be the Transmission fluid? it has 200,000 kms or 124,000 miles :) do I need to start looking for a new tranny

I was going to sell it but I cant sell it like this until its fixed or I will have to just keep it
........well, the symptoms are there
is your radiator trans cooler by-passed?
drain some tranny fluid (when warm, not hot) and check for the dreaded "strawberry milkshake" appearance
It can be hard to see on the dipstick, better to drain a sample at the trans drain plug
If it's not the contamination problem, it may be a trans valve body problem

ebber99

Postby ebber99 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:45 am

Thanks Eieio, is the value body a big job? would it need to be rebuilt? and no I havent done the rad trans cooler by pass

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:11 am

ebber99 wrote:Thanks Eieio, is the value body a big job? would it need to be rebuilt? and no I havent done the rad trans cooler by pass
then a careful check for contamination should be done, esp at your mileage
if it's contaminated, the valve body is probably toast, as well as the trans
if it's not contaminated, then the valve body needs to be checked anyway because they are known to give trouble even without the contamination occurring
there are many threads on this forum involving both of these issues
you might do careful forum search on the topics
here is one of our original threads (from 2009!) on the matter: http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic. ... er+failure

ebber99

Postby ebber99 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:28 am

Thanks, I am going to take it to a transmission place that is my uncle knows the guy to see what he thinks and get the fluid checked.

eieio
Sponsored Member

Postby eieio » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:47 pm

ebber99 wrote:Thanks, I am going to take it to a transmission place that is my uncle knows the guy to see what he thinks and get the fluid checked.
how many miles on your truck?

HiBRiD109

Re: 05 pathfinder LE shift hesitation

Postby HiBRiD109 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:17 pm

how many miles on your truck?
ebber99 wrote:Could it be the Transmission fluid? it has 200,000 kms or 124,000 miles :) do I need to start looking for a new tranny

ebber99

Postby ebber99 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:05 pm

124,000 miles

ebber99

Postby ebber99 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:37 am

ok so I took my pathfinder in this morning to a transmission place where I live and my uncle used to work there until he moved so I know that this place will not try and rip me off. He took it for a drive and didnt noticed anything that bad and that it just may be the the torque converter ( something, not sure what he said but did said it was a common issue ) they did say that the fluid is broken down and should be changed so they are going to do that. I Have another issue since I drove it in this morning but I will start another thread for that and could maybe part of the problem I don't know, through codes P1705 TPS and also P0303 misfire in cycl 3, not sure if they are all related

Return to “R51 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”