Brake work?

You gotta Love these old VG30E/i powered beasts, raw truck DNA to the core.

Moderator: volvite

93tacticalvehicle

Brake work?

Postby 93tacticalvehicle » Thu May 08, 2008 10:21 pm

:cry: Hey guys I got a question. I just got my 93 pathy and I have a ruptured brake line. I have found where the leak is and it is right above the rear passenger side wheel. There are three aluminum hoses there and they run along the inside of the frame rail. I know one of these three hoses is leaking and my ABS and Brake warning lights are one and there is air in my brake system now.

I have looked at the hoses and appears that they run all the way to the front of the truck from small ruber hoses they clamp into which go towards the rear drums "phew!" After seeing the length of these hoses I have cringed at how much this is going to cost me for replacement, not to mention the charge of bleeding the whole system out.

My neighbor suggested that I find the hose that is ruptured and just crimp it off but this will make the wheels brakes non fuctional. So, I wanted to see if anyone has had to replace any of these brake lines and if so how much is going to cost? Or can I just cut out the ruptured section and put a piece of rubber hose over it with clamps?

boogyman

Postby boogyman » Fri May 09, 2008 6:25 am

Well you don't want to crimp the line, because it will still leak. you can get brake line kits to repair it. http://www2.partstrain.com has some with the tubing and parts.

88pathoffroad

Postby 88pathoffroad » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:40 pm

FYI, it's steel brake line and doing it yourself isn't all that bad.

Return to “1986-1995 Pathfinder (WD21)”