Switches and relays

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

BryanCelyn

Switches and relays

Postby BryanCelyn » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:27 am

I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions on what I'm trying to do here.

I have a 24 volt LED lighting system that I'm going to install as accent lighting in various locations in my '08 Pathfinder. I've got all of the mounting nailed down, and most of the wiring, including converting from 12v to 24.

Now, I have 2 issues that I'd appreciate some direction on:
1) I'd like to utilize a "stock" nissan switch that will mount in the dash, such as one of the heated seat switches or the VDC or Hill Descent switch. This will also require a relay, but I don't know the specs on any of the nissan relays.

2) I would also like to wire the system so that it comes on when a door is opened, along with the rest of the dome lights.

Any guidance on wiring locations, and which switches and relays to use, would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!
Bryan

serturbo

Postby serturbo » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:46 pm

Couldn't you the probe some of your existing switches? That should help you figure out how they work.

That's pretty much what I did with my 240 with SR20DET swap. My existing cruise control wasn't going to work with my swap, so I wired them into my dual electric fan setup. Now, my cruise control switches are my manual override for the fans.

nissan4me

Postby nissan4me » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:39 pm

You dont need to use Nissan relays, just use a standard automotive relay.
http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-st ... Y/-/1.html

Nissan switches are expensive!!!!!

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”