Cabin microfilter

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

NoCode

Postby NoCode » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:15 pm

Service manual shows squeezing in the sides of the glove box to drop it to access the filter. Anyone had any difficulty doing this? It's almost like i squeeze it in as far as possible and its still not far enough. I'm scared I'm going to break something if I push any further. Any thoughts?

SilverGhost

Postby SilverGhost » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:32 pm

NoCode wrote:Service manual shows squeezing in the sides of the glove box to drop it to access the filter. Anyone had any difficulty doing this? It's almost like i squeeze it in as far as possible and its still not far enough. I'm scared I'm going to break something if I push any further. Any thoughts?
I haven't broken anything yet, doing that. I have found, though, that doing the right side first, then the left, is (I think) a little easier than doing the left first . Or is it the other way around? :roll:

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Yeah, one side at a time works best. I haven't broken the glove box either...but I did break the clip that holds the filter lid.

Kami

Postby Kami » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:39 pm

Just replaced mine yesterday, took less than 5mins :)

Oh man were the dirty as hell. First time replacement after 45000miles............I know....dont ask why lol

ImageImage

And do the dealers try to rip ur ass off!! they wanted almost 50$ for the filters and i bought a set for 23$ at partsource :D
And not surpisingly the exact same name brand....MicronAir

Well now i can breath clean air ;)

Kami

Postby Kami » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:41 pm

Also please confirm i put them in right.....there are "airflow: arrows on each side of the 2 air filters.

Do the arrows point down? casue thats how i installed them as it was when i pulled the old ones out.

Thanks....

ANSWER: lol just found the answer in the service manual link;
NOTE:
The in-cabin microfilters are marked with air flow arrows. The
end of the microfilter with the arrow should face the rear of the
vehicle. The arrows should point downward.

NoCode

Postby NoCode » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:45 pm

"And do the dealers try to rip ur ass off!! they wanted almost 50$ for the filters and i bought a set for 23$ at partsource"

$17 for Purolator at Advance + a 20% coupon (online order). Ordered online, pickup in store = $13 total. Replaced mine today.

Npath

Postby Npath » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:21 am

NoCode wrote:"And do the dealers try to rip ur ass off!! they wanted almost 50$ for the filters and i bought a set for 23$ at partsource"

$17 for Purolator at Advance + a 20% coupon (online order). Ordered online, pickup in store = $13 total. Replaced mine today.
ordered my set on ebay for $11US... delivered to my door.

merrion13

Postby merrion13 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:44 am

Has anyone broken that clip that keeps the filter cover in place? I was changing out my filters yesterday, and cracked the tab so now my cover falls off. I know there is also supposed to be a bolt to secure the cover, but there isn't on mine so if anyone knows the size of that please let me know.

skinny2
Sponsored Member

Postby skinny2 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:12 am

merrion13 wrote:Has anyone broken that clip that keeps the filter cover in place? I was changing out my filters yesterday, and cracked the tab so now my cover falls off. I know there is also supposed to be a bolt to secure the cover, but there isn't on mine so if anyone knows the size of that please let me know.
I believe everyone has broken the clip. Mine did the first time I swapped the filters probably 5 years ago. Duct tape works fine!

NVSteve
Sponsored Member

Postby NVSteve » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:26 am

skinny2 wrote: I believe everyone has broken the clip. Mine did the first time I swapped the filters probably 5 years ago. Duct tape works fine!
Haven't broken mine yet. No idea why as I use quite a bit of force each time I pop it off.

LessThanZero

Postby LessThanZero » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:32 pm

NVSteve wrote:
skinny2 wrote: I believe everyone has broken the clip. Mine did the first time I swapped the filters probably 5 years ago. Duct tape works fine!
Haven't broken mine yet. No idea why as I use quite a bit of force each time I pop it off.
Mine came broken, I used a zip tie and just clip it when I change out the filters then zip it closed again. It had a bolt and nut on it, but it was too much a PITA to remove and replace.

Zen_master

Postby Zen_master » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:32 pm

Anyone know OEM part number for the cabin air filter on a 2011 R51 V8?

underworld1001

Postby underworld1001 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:22 pm

Following as the others before me, I'll bump this thread from the dead.

Took these pics this past summer, but didn't get around to uploading them until now. Yes, it's a slow Saturday night. For those that are unsure if the cabin air filters have been changed, I would highly recommend doing it. Here is a pic of my old vs new & the cheap-o filters I used. This is from a 2011 V6.

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”