Remote start

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Gizmo2005

Remote start

Postby Gizmo2005 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:02 am

OK...I have a 2014 Pathfinder SL. I probably should have asked this years ago. I live in MN. This year was one of the coldest in recent memories. So I've been using my remote start more often. Here's what I notice:

When the car is on (Based on remote start), nothing seems to get heated. The Windows are still frosted, the seat heater doesn't seem like it's on, the car doesn't seem to get warm. I always have my temp on AUTO.

Is there a reason why? Is there a setting I can change? What's the use of having a remote start if it doesn't actually warm up the interior? Perhaps a little bit, but man....it's still freezing cold.

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:18 pm

Try turning all your temp settings to max with fan on before you shut off the vehicle so they are set that way when you use the remote start.

Our seat heater stays on period until you physically shut it off. If yours is not working, then it's not the remote start that is the problem.

Gizmo2005

Postby Gizmo2005 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:54 pm

That's the thing. I know the heater/frost works. Once I start the car and start driving, it will work. But it doesn't seem to work when I start the car remote. This morning I started it up for 10 minutes. I got in and the windows were still frosted up. Tomorrow, I will get in it and start it up. Then leave for 10 minutes I will see if it actually gets warmer or not.

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:11 pm

Gizmo2005 wrote:This morning I started it up for 10 minutes. I got in and the windows were still frosted up.
Was the fan running full blast like you left it?

Return to “R52 Electrical”