2016 pathfinder SV rad fans 32k miles

The new gas engine 3.5L v6, Transmission, Transfer Case, Oil, Differentials, Axles, Exhaust...

Moderator: volvite

TejasMtnBiker

2016 pathfinder SV rad fans 32k miles

Postby TejasMtnBiker » Sat May 19, 2018 12:24 pm

Hi all, 1st nissan product ive owned an cooling fans are shot @ 32K miles.

Has anyone done a mod or found better motors? Flexalite, jegs, summit etc?

I pulled them both, lubed with teflon wheel bearing grease so they will survive summer till I find a better motor took about an hours 1/2 to pull out, clean lube and reinstall just annoying tight space.May end up using pusher fans from the front of the radiator as there is more room.

not much anywhere about this I know im not the only one as these are super cheap Italy motors with dry bushings.

Id love to hear what you guys are doing for this

pathz

Postby pathz » Tue May 22, 2018 4:41 am

Same/worse problem here, '15 model with 39k miles, out of warranty (2nd guessing on extended warranty, only 2.5 years old).

Bought TYC assembly from Rockauto for about $175, and replaced it with a bit struggle, haven't get chance to do post mortem on the failed unit (driver side rad fan wobble, grinding noise).

Will see how long it will last (TYC got lifetime warranty if that counts for anything).

This seems to be a prevalent problem for Nissan, should be a recall. I believe all units will fail prematurely in the same way.

maloburro

Postby maloburro » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:47 pm

pathz wrote:Same/worse problem here, '15 model with 39k miles, out of warranty (2nd guessing on extended warranty, only 2.5 years old).

should be a recall. I believe all units will fail prematurely in the same way.
Hopefully more post if they have the issue.

Return to “R52 Engine, Driveline and Powertrain”