Sunroof or no sunroof?

Upgrades and modifications to Trims, Seats, Carpets, Roof Racks, Panels, Dashboard, Bumpers, Rocksliders, Paint, Decals...

Moderator: volvite

jamiemm18

Sunroof or no sunroof?

Postby jamiemm18 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:14 pm

Noob here, sorry for the lame post but we're close to buying a 15/16 pathfinder and I'd prefer a solid roof and my wife likes the sun/moonroof X 3. Are there any pros or cons to the triple sunroof, panoramic sunroof or what ever it's called? Seems like there are a lot more cars without, even though they have navigation, leather, etc. Seems like the SL's come with it in when an additional package is ordered. The platinums all come with it. Anyone have strong feelings out there like - they leak, dont do it. OR, the roof is weaker, dont do it. OR... how can you even consider one without a sunroof if you have a shot at one with? We are down to the following 2:
2015 Blue 30K miles, navi, leather, tow package, NO sunroof. $22,700
or
2015 Gray 47K miles, navi, leather, sunroofs, etc. $23,100

Thanks

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:48 am

We have a '13 SL with the sunroof. Personally, I like it, but after 4 years of ownership, here are my observations:

1. It's nice to have the extra light coming in
2. As sunroofs go, the front one is smaller than most
3. You get wind noise, but that is true with any open sunroof
4. As the driver most of the time I'm in the Pathy, I don't use (or even open) the back moonroof
5. I think you'll be able to sell it easier because most people prefer the sunroof over not having one

If you have kids, or regularly cart around passengers, they might appreciate the extra light during the daytime. I have never experienced our sunroofs leaking, but we keep our Pathy garaged.

As to your two choices, all other things being equal,I'd go with the one with the tow package. It would be a PIA to add one later should you decide you need one and won't look as nice after the install.

maloburro

Postby maloburro » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:35 am

Hi Jamie. We just bought a 2017 PF without sunroof but my wife has an Audi with one so we weren’t worried about it but it looks pretty cool on the PF.

Ours was $19500 with 43k miles 4x4 so the price was right.

Return to “R52 Body Interior and Exterior ”