I am warming up to the R52 gen Pathfinder

Any topics related to 2013+ R52

Moderator: volvite

palmerwmd
Site Admin

I am warming up to the R52 gen Pathfinder

Postby palmerwmd » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:52 pm

Yes, ok, they are not as hardcore as my R51... but they also use only 3/4s the fuel, if that.

I think when I replace my current crop of SUVs in a year or two, I will have to look real hard of making an R52 replace one of them.

And then do what member iero did and put tires on it that are AT rated.
http://www.thenissanpath.com/viewtopic.php?t=17450

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:21 pm

It all depends what you're looking for in a vehicle. Putting AT tires on an R52 does not make it an SUV. Ours is primarily a suburban vehicle that occasionally needs to transport 7 people and pull a 3800 lb. camping trailer. 80% of the time it's just used for commuting, so the gas mileage was an important factor in our purchase decision.

We knew about the CVT problems going in, but (knock on wood) we have only experienced the judder twice, the last being two years ago. Our Pathy now has 50,000 miles on it, and we have not experienced any major issues.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:16 am

The CVT transmission is one of Nissan's biggest problems. It hurts almost every vehicle they put it in. If they want to develop vehicles that can compete the likes of Toyota, Honda, and the South Korean twins, they need to scrap their dedication to the CVT and start bringing back conventional automatic transmissions, or even automated manual transmissions, in their models.

Return to “R52 General Chat”