Passport Nissan, Alexandria, Service Dept - Good

Discuss your dealer buying and servicing experiences here. And just the facts mam, let's keep the libel to a minimum please.

Moderator: volvite

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Passport Nissan, Alexandria, Service Dept - Good

Postby palmerwmd » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:51 am

Its been a while since I been there (no longer live close) but I feel the Passport Nissan Service Dept in Alexandria, VA deserve a kudos.

They are friendly, polite, competent and listen.
I never felt they were pushing stuff that was not needed.

The prices there are kinda high and this eventually pushed me to small independents.. but that may also be a function of being located in one of the highest income counties (Fairfax) in the United States so I will not old it against them.

Bought a couple of cars between them and the neighboring Passport Infiniti over the years too. Been Satisfied with that too, the merchandise was good and the prices fair.

...even though I did have one bad experience in Dec 2015, but that was not with Service:

When a work contract looked like it was ending surprisingly (in the end it didnt), I tried to sell them a Daytona Blue, 2015 Xterra in Dec 2015 loaded (PRO4X, leather, Nav, the works) with only 9500 miles on, which I had bought there new 8 mos ago. It was absolutely immaculate too.
The used car manager offered me only 23,500 (34.5k MSRP)

The loaded PRO4Xs, even now 3 years later, still go for nearly 30,000 with low (but never that low!) miles,... especially the beautiful Daytona Blues (which this was)

And the used car manager was a complete ass about it.. acted like he never even HEARD that they had been discontinued and ..and that now many folks were looking for the last of the Xs,.. or that it was winter and 4x4 SUV sell a bit better then...also I didnt see a single new X on their large lot and only one used one (not a PRO4X).... and how could I even suggest such ridiculous notions...... unfriendly, disrespectful and either uninformed or tried to rape me.

Sold it to Carmax for 27,000 without song and dance, no insults, just in and out.... I had paid 31.6 so I was ok with that.
...Truck was on CarMaxs lot for $31,500 firm the next Monday dropped off their website a week later.
Carmax knew these were in demand and were willing to pay money to make money.

No telling if the same guy still works there.. My guess is not.

Return to “Praise or Postal?”