Lost Navigation Card

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

Kidbooo

Lost Navigation Card

Postby Kidbooo » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:11 am

Hello everyone,,
We are thinking of purchasing a used 2016 Nissan Rogue equipped with a navigation system. Unfortunately the original owner lost the Navigation SD card. The navigation system will not work without an SD card.

I've read on several sites that each SD card is tied to a specific "head unit" and that you have to buy the card directly from the dealer.

I've also stumbled on the Nissan Navigation website and I was able to get to the checkout without ever being asked for a serial number. I sent them an email stating that I had lost the Appvalley CyberGhost ExpressVPN original SD card and asked them if each card was tied to a specific unit. They said "...The SD card is not programmed to a specific navigation system. The map update for your Rogue does not require you to enter a Serial number to place an order. ..."

The dealership quoted me >$900 and said that each card needed to be paired to the vehicle. The website said the opposite and sell the cards for <$200 shipped.

Could it be that in older models the card was tied to a specific vehicle, but in the newer model they aren't? Will the navigation system work with the $200 card from the website?

Has anyone had any luck with ordering from the website? Or is going through the dealer mandatory?

palmerwmd
Site Admin

Postby palmerwmd » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:39 am

I am also curious if someone knows.. :)

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”