2009 SE Radio replacement question

Oh yeah, it's the geek bling with flashing lights, just can't get enough.

Moderator: volvite

NicktheEvil

2009 SE Radio replacement question

Postby NicktheEvil » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:11 pm

Hi,

I just picked up a new (to me) 2009 Pathfinder (SE I believe) and it has what I think is called the integrated radio. All of my climate controls -among other things- run through this screen. From my understanding, replacing this is next to impossible.

I'd like to have bluetooth and a backup camera. So I have a few questions.

Is there anyway to add climate controls that aren't through the screen?

How hard is it to add a backup camera to the existing screen? I have no problem tracking down a factory one. I'd like to have it on the big screen in my console and not get one of the rear view mirror solutions.

I know I can add bluetooth with various modules. Are there any unforeseen consequences in doing that?

Anything else I may not have thought of? Any help is appreciated.

NWPathfinder

Postby NWPathfinder » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:04 am

I've thought of this too. My 09' has the same setup as yours and it doesn't look like anybody makes anything after market for these rigs and the ones that did, don't seem to be making them anymore.

I did find this thread interesting about how he modified the Stock unit to accept a backup camera. I may get adventurous one day and add this but, still on the fence about it.

https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/pathfin ... creen.html

The thought of routing a camera wire from the tail gate all the way to the front is arjuous at best. I remember doing it on my last vehicle and it certainly wasn't any fun. However, I remember once I had it, I absolutely loved it.

Return to “NAV/GPS/Audio/Electronics”