Week of snow with the pathfinder ...

**** PLEASE USE SUBTOPICS BELOW FOR NEW TOPICS ****

Moderator: volvite

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Week of snow with the pathfinder ...

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:14 pm

Well this has been one heck of a week .. 15-20 deg days , almost 3" of snow and Ice ...No Electricity at the house most of the time ... Trees down , multiple power poles down ...Crazzy ... Its gona take me a month strait to get all the limbs cleaned up ... living out in the country is fun , but its a mess when you loose power and have to dodge power poles and down trees just to get some food ....

The Pathfinder worked great , got a mismatched set of studded snows for the stock 16" wheels ...245-75-16 BFG Trac Edge for the rear and 245-75-16 Cooper wintermaster's for the front ...

Worked great , never had to chain up , had to drive back and forth from my folks place to mine to keep the stove stocked with wood to keep the house from freezin .. a 5 minute drive was about 30 minutes .... up / down hills thick ruts of snow etc. ... fun .... even my steep driveway was not an issue , sometimes took a couple runs at it , but made it up everytime ...

Very impressed with how the Traction control and ABS and VDC system worked ... in 4high most of the time ....

I couldnt get the Studded Forester out of the driveway ...

Never thought I could say I was dragin frame in the Pathfinder ...

At least we had a very white Christmas for the first time I can remember ...

SHAWNATGERBROCK

Postby SHAWNATGERBROCK » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:27 pm

Couple pics on my Cardomain site ..

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2799865/2

NVRDONE

Postby NVRDONE » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:02 pm

Sounds like you had as much fun asI did.
Here in the Seattle area I had 26" at my houes & the Pathfinder never missed a beat. Got to work everyday with no problems.
It needed new tires so 3 weeks ago I installed 265/70/17 Yokohama Geolander A/T's. I have run them before on Jeeps but wondered how they would work on the Pathdinder. They worked fantastic in both snow & ice. I even pulled out a few cars that got stuck.
I did use 4 low & 1st gear a few times just for fun.
I like snow - just not the people who can't drive in it !!

KEVSTER

Postby KEVSTER » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:21 pm

Yup, lots of fun here in Everett Wash. I had a total of 15 inches snow, now that it is melting getting out of my neighborhood is a pain.. The Pathy did well also, would have been better if I used studded snows, maybe studs next year on steel wheels. I have never seen it this bad in my area since I have been here almost 17 yrs. The most snow years back was like 8 inches..in my neighborhood.

Pappy

Postby Pappy » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:14 pm

Shawn, nice snow pics! I even like the Subaruuuuu! I can see where the things would "float" on some deep snow. Anyone do a 8"lift kit on one yet?

Sven1olaf

Postby Sven1olaf » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:26 pm

im up in North Dakota... land of the 2500HD Sierras (there has to be more of them per capita up here than anywhere else in the world)... its been an average of -7 degrees raw out here for the last 3 weeks and we set an all time record for snow in December... all i can say is WoW!!! the pathy not only stood up to the challenge, but demolished the competition... seriously!!! freakin amazing... the highways get so bad out here, they actually have gates on them leaving major cities... my new favorite joy ride is counting the full size pickups i pass going 80 mph (75 mph speed limits) on snow/ice covered highways :D

Return to “2005-2012 Pathfinder (R51)”