2013 Headlight help please

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

whiskey101

2013 Headlight help please

Postby whiskey101 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:04 am

My GF bought a used 2013 Pathfinder that came with and LED conversion. She believes all the lights were working a couple years ago when she bought it. She has replaced bulbs and a ballast in an attempt to get the lights working again, but no luck. Sorry. I am not sure which set is supposed to be highs and which is supposed to be lows. She has the inside top row light working on both sides when switched to bright. She has only the outside driver working on low? Make sense? Anyway, I need help trouble shooting and or just a recommendation of what parts to buy to get this back to OEM lights.

Also, her fog lights don’t work. They flicker when going from high to low. Seems like all of this could be a canbus compatibility issue, based on the little bit I know about canbus. Is there a requirement to disconnect the battery when changing LED’s on a canbus system? I don’t think she did that.

TIA

eruby

Re: 2013 Headlight help please

Postby eruby » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:56 am

whiskey101 wrote:My GF bought a used 2013 Pathfinder that came with and LED conversion. She believes all the lights were working a couple years ago when she bought it. She has replaced bulbs and a ballast in an attempt to get the lights working again, but no luck. Sorry. I am not sure which set is supposed to be highs and which is supposed to be lows. She has the inside top row light working on both sides when switched to bright. She has only the outside driver working on low? Make sense? Anyway, I need help trouble shooting and or just a recommendation of what parts to buy to get this back to OEM lights.

Also, her fog lights don’t work. They flicker when going from high to low. Seems like all of this could be a canbus compatibility issue, based on the little bit I know about canbus. Is there a requirement to disconnect the battery when changing LED’s on a canbus system? I don’t think she did that.

TIA
Do you know if there was a full housing conversion or just bulb replacement? You say LED but my LED replacement bulbs do not have a ballast (or it's build in). I had HID bulb replacements in my prior car and they did have a larger inline ballast about the size of 2 packs of cigarette. If it's HID, I would recommend wiring directly from the battery (fused) with a relay. OEM wiring may not be able to handle the load.
Also, my 2017 does not have CANBus on the lights.

whiskey101

Postby whiskey101 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:44 pm

Pretty sure it’s a bulb replacement. It has a small ballast box, smaller than a pack of cigs. I have pictures of I can figure out to post them later.

Return to “R52 Electrical”