Blower Motor Not Working

Attack of the unibody snatchers! Styling and handling refined or bland? You decide.

Moderator: volvite

Daughter Summer

Blower Motor Not Working

Postby Daughter Summer » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:15 pm

I have a 2000 Nissan Pathfinder. My blower motor does not work at any speed. Also does not work with heater on as well. I'm thinking it is the resistor. Does anyone concur with this? Thank you, Tommy.

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:01 am

Usually when it's the resistor, it'll stop working on all but the highest speed setting. If it doesn't work on any setting, I'd be suspecting a blown fuse or a bad blower motor. Use a 12V test light to check for power and ground at the blower motor harness connector with the key "on," blower harness disconnected and blower fan turned "on."

Daughter Summer

Postby Daughter Summer » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:37 pm

smj999smj wrote:Usually when it's the resistor, it'll stop working on all but the highest speed setting. If it doesn't work on any setting, I'd be suspecting a blown fuse or a bad blower motor. Use a 12V test light to check for power and ground at the blower motor harness connector with the key "on," blower harness disconnected and blower fan turned "on."
I'll try that and post the results here. Thank you.

Daughter Summer

Postby Daughter Summer » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:40 am

Have not checked for voltage yet. I will though as soon as I get the chance. This is my daughters car. So, I have to wait for her to come to my house to check for the voltage. On the other hand, how can I tell if she has an automatic temperature control system or manual control system? Would the vin number tell me that. The last 8 numbers of her vin is: YW437840. Hope this helps. Thank you.

Daughter Summer

Postby Daughter Summer » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:10 pm

I just called the Dealership parts department. Gave them the vin number for the car. They said we don't have the automatic temperature control system, we have the manual control system. So, yes now I need to check where the fuses are inside the car. Does anyone know? Thank you.

disallow
Site Admin

Postby disallow » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:10 pm

Haven't worked on an R50, but most of my Nissans have had a panel under the hood, and a panel either in the glove compartment or under the dash on the driver side, or both.

The owner's manual will be a big help, as it may help you find the right fuse before you go hunting for it.

Daughter Summer

Postby Daughter Summer » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:22 pm

disallow wrote:Haven't worked on an R50, but most of my Nissans have had a panel under the hood, and a panel either in the glove compartment or under the dash on the driver side, or both.

The owner's manual will be a big help, as it may help you find the right fuse before you go hunting for it.
I'll check on this and post my findings here. Thank you.

Return to “1996-2004 Pathfinder (R50)”