Bluetooth device to play audio

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

Gizmo2005

Bluetooth device to play audio

Postby Gizmo2005 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:48 pm

I have a 14 SL with no Nav. It has BT, which allows for phone calls. But not audio. I need a way to get this. Is it possible?

This weekend, driving my wife's 18 Crosstrek, I was able to connect through BT and play all the songs on my phone. All the artist/songs was displayed through the headunit. I can pick out the artist and play each song.

What do I need to buy in order to get this feature on my car. I've tried an MP3 player. But it just plays one song to the next. There is no control whatsoever.

I saw a device at Best buy but that requires an Aux port. I can't find one on this model. All I see is RCAs and USBs.

Anyone can help?

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:50 pm

If you have an Apple product phone, you can stream directly from the USB port in the console. If you're an Android user, you'll have to buy some sort of dongle that connects into the system, but won't be able to use the steering wheel controls. There was quite an extensive discussion about this over here:

https://www.pathfindertalk.com/threads/ ... 426/page-5

Gizmo2005

Postby Gizmo2005 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:03 am

As usual, the post is worthless. IN the end, nobody offered a solution. A lot of whining and complaining. Dongle? Unless you point to a specific dongle, how do I know which ones to get? A lot of posts points to amazon.com or ebay.com. But it doesn't point specifically to a single product. So that's useless.

Grumpah

Postby Grumpah » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:43 am

I guess you never got to post # 82. It seemed to solve the problem for him.

Good luck in your quest.

Return to “R52 Electrical”