Where is the Bose amp?

Topics related to Lights, Radio, Stereo, Headunits, Alternators...

Moderator: volvite

jontyrees

Where is the Bose amp?

Postby jontyrees » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:50 pm

I bought a powered sub, now I'm planning how to wire it in. It accepts high or low level inputs, so I'm debating whether to take the signal from the speaker wires going into the current little subs, or maybe from the low level inputs to the Bose amp. Does Bose do anything weird to the bass signal going to the subs? Attenuate it as volume rises? I don't know if it's high passed, or band passed either. Do they cut out the very low notes to protect those little 5" subs? Either way, I'll need to know where that amp is, and how to get to it if possible.

Thanks all!

smj999smj
Site Admin

Postby smj999smj » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:33 am

The subwoofer box is located behind the interior panel in the rear on the left side. The speakers are 1-ohm impedance and if my memory is correct, it has it's own, built-in amplifier for the subwoofer. I actually have to replace the speakers in mine, just been waiting for a chance to put them in. They've been sitting in box in my living room for too long now! I should do a write up with some pics since questions about it show up every now and then.

jontyrees

Postby jontyrees » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:31 am

Thanks - I've read differing opinions on whether there is a separate amp for the sub in the Bose system, or whether it's one central amp powering all the speakers. When I find out for sure, I'll post here

jontyrees

Postby jontyrees » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:40 am

Quick google search revealed that the amp is under the drivers seat, which is easy, but I'm not sure yet if it's powering the subs

Return to “R51 Electrical”